a few of my ms 65 + Lincolns

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by kelli rene hartman, Aug 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. kelli rene hartman

kelli rene hartman Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Nice video.

However, you might catch some flack for passively claiming "MS-6#" grades for coins that are not in 3rd party holders. I'm not saying that they aren't 65s, or that whomever assigned the grades wasn't qualified to do it. But, if you are going to make videos then you will be exposing yourself to the online public, and as we should all know, the online public tends to go out of it's way to criticize. You want to avoid giving them ammo if at all possible ;)

In the end, grades on third party holders are also opinion based to some extent, so it seems like it shouldn't make a difference....but it does. Or, hell, maybe I'm wrong.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I agree e were it’s the above post. The coin on the left, it looks like a 1998-S, that looks to be a proof coin and if so it’s not a MS grade coin. It’s a PR grade coin. Just an FYI.

Kentucky likes this.
  5. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Nice coins and appreciate you taking the time to do the video. As said above though, I believe San Francisco stopped making circulation cents in 1974 so the two 1998-S would have to be graded PR or PF.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Thanks for sharing.

Draft saved Draft deleted