A few Nice World

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by De Orc, Feb 10, 2007.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Well have been sorting through a kilo of world coins LOL & these have grabed my attention so far :D

France Bank De Commerce Emergancy Money
    1922 & 1923 1F

Italy 1922 10c a rather nice one

De Orc :kewl:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Then we go on to

Morroco 1921/24 50c have to say that this coin is a definate keeper, love the work that has gone into it.

Spain 1877 5c bit damaged but still a lovely coin to find in a mixed lot :D

De Orc :D

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The one from Morocco is actually a beautiful design. I also like the 10 centesimi coin with the bee.

Christian

5. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Steve,there are a few key pieces in the French Chamber of Commerce series that are worth looking for.The Italian 1919R 10 Centesimi with the bee & flower is a key coin.

Aidan.

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Aidan :thumb: dont realy collect them but these looked good so will keep them LOL

Netherlands 1917 1c

Kingdom of serbs/croats etc 1925 50 para

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

And finaly so far one I am totaly unsure of but think it might be Japanese??

De Orc :confused:

8. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Steve,that Japanese thing could be a phone token.Roy will know.

Aidan.

9. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Don't know what it is (Korean? Thai? ???) but there are no Japanese characters on the piece.

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Wasnt sure what it is LOL just picked Japanese asa guess, dont know anything about coins from that part of the world (Unless they are British Commonwealth)

11. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

I have most of those as well...my favorite ones of the ones you posted are the morocco (love the intricate design) and the italian bee with Victor Emanuele III:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

the characters on one side of that last coin look Korean to me.

13. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

[​IMG]

found anther example of it...it was being sold as an unidentified South Korean Token.

14. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

15. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks mate thats one less to worry about LOL Have to say that Morrocan one is very nice might look at getting a few more :D

Here are a few more bits

Belgium
    1921 10c
    1928 25c

Denmark
    1942 5o

France
    25c 1923 1937
    50c 1931
    1F 1942 I believe this is a Vichy issue

De Orc :thumb:

16. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

And a few more

Italy
    1920 5c
    1919 20c

CZ
    1924 20h My 1st ever pre 1945 CZ coin :smile

17. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

And finaly for Aidan

SA
    1/2c 1961
    2c 1970 1981
    5c 1994

Zimbabwe
    $2 1997

De Orc :thumb:

18. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

I like the aluminium Vichy coins...cool design, just not lot of wieght :) Aluminium coins feel like play money

[​IMG]

Hey orc...do you have any coin from Norway? I have a bunch from my trip there if you would like some...

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks Drusus but I will pass on them :D I just decided to buy a kilo of world to have a bit of fun and came away with some nice bits :D Have to agree with you about the Vichy coin LOL

20. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Steve,France was using aluminium coins right up until 1959.These are of the same design as the 3rd Republic brass ones.There was not a 2 Francs between 1960 & 1978,but the very chunky nickel 2 Francs was in circulation from 1979 until being superceded by the Euro in 2002.

There are mintmarks located next to the left-hand axe blade on the Vichy French coins.Some of them actually command a premium.These are so easy to miss,as these branch mint coins also have the Paris Mint wing & cornucopia privy marks in addition to the mintmarks themselves.

Aidan.

21. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

The South Korean token if I am not mistaken is actually some kind of bus token used in the 60s-70s.

Draft saved Draft deleted