A few new Daniel Carr offerings

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ddddd

ddddd Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I got a PL to match up with the earlier release. I still need 2 more items to send in to ANACS though...

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Go for the gold! ;)

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the palladium is a max or just what's in stock.

The old online ordering trick. Put a bunch in your cart and if it says not in stock keep lowering the number until it lets you put it in the cart

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Thanks for the heads up guys....both times! Very pleased with the high grade "Morgan dollar" that I purchased from DC. I have several of his items and appreciate all of them. I have another "Morgan" copy but after years of searching, cannot find any info on whether people were "outraged" by its minting.....
    1892 Gilt - obv.JPG

USS656, Paul M. and jwitten like this.
  7. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

My goal is to make every over-strike a "high-grade" piece. Those with minor flaws are converted to "bulk-handled" by jingling them around in a bag of nickels. Those with major flaws are scrapped (melted). So it isn't the quantity ordered that determines how many "bulk-handled" are produced, but rather, it is the quantity of minor flawed pieces that are produced during the course of high-grade production.

Paul M., Santinidollar, ddddd and 2 others like this.
  8. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes, the orders that come in will determine how many will be produced with each finish. The brilliant satin version has been out for a few weeks now. The proof-like version was just released yesterday. So that is why the numbers are skewed in favor of the brilliant satin. But I expect the proof-like will catch up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a final tally of something like 1,100 brilliant satin and 864 proof-like, for example (1,000 + 864 = 1,964).

If the 1,964 total number has not been reached by the end of February, I will end the mintage at that time.

So the total number produced will be no more than 1,964.
    None will be minted after the end of February.

PS:
    Towards the end I may have some "fun" and clash the dies intentionally to see what happens ;)

Dave Waterstraat, Paul M. and Cascade like this.
  9. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes, thanks. I will reply to that as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
    jwitten likes this.
  10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That's interesting, I always assumed the bulk handled were made to order.

Feel free to have some fun with the ones I ordered;)

Dave Waterstraat and jwitten like this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Daniel;

Are you going to be at the FUN Show in January? I would like to see your coins in person. I never buy via the internet except when there is no choice. Even then, I would pass rather then purchase.

12. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I see the 3 oz bar now has a limit of one per customer. I hope my earlier order of 2 goes through!

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Me too and I hope the other was meant as a surprise Christmas gift for me ;) :p

jwitten likes this.
  14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I don't think they were outraged. The exact Morgan profile was used in the 1892 medal for the Colombian Exposition. It was the reverse of Iglit# 51. A medal made by Wilhelm Mayer of Stuttgart Germany. It was struck in Bronze and was a rarity of R-5

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  15. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Probably not, but there is a chance I might go.
    Regardless, I might not still have all of my current products by that time.

I will definitely be going to the summer ANA (in Denver this time).
    The slate of available products will be completely different by then, however.

16. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to a E clash or better yet BER with an L outside the wreath. :)

Cascade likes this.
  17. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

The PL Morgan looks awesome

18. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Just received my PL in the mail today. Man it is nice! Thank you Dan.
    1964Dpl.obv.1.3k.JPG 1964Dpl.rev.1.3k.JPG

USS656, Santinidollar, ddddd and 2 others like this.
  19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No "DAM", damn :p

Some nice ghosting at the olive leaves and chin line though!

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  20. Koinman

Koinman New Member

Hopefully mine ship soon. Ordered 2 PL's, and one of the 'Starburst' bars, would love to have them for a 'Merry Christmas to ME' present!!

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted