A few new Daniel Carr offerings

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

There are a few new offerings (not gonna call them coins, cause some of yall will whine ;) ) on his site. Included are a proof-like morgan, and a 3 ounce bar with a production of only 36! I made sure to buy a few of those, so there are less than that remaining. Just FYI! http://www.dc-coin.com/

ddddd, dwhiz and Paul M. like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

I'm just kidding. Collect what you want. Just be responsible with your overstrikes. Label them well for the next generation. :)

eddiespin, Paddy54, ddddd and 6 others like this.
  4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I labled mine authentic. Also I think im gonna have it willed to you:D

charlietig, jaceravone, ddddd and 2 others like this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious star of the offerings in the PL over-strike, the hologram bars and palladium look interesting. The gold owl would be nice to own but being gold certainly puts a dent in the wallet

ddddd, dwhiz and jwitten like this.
  6. jwitten

I don't like the first bar... looks odd or cheap to me with the pattern. The second with the lower mintage looks interesting though, so I got a few. I was tempted to get a few gold coins, but might wait until he makes a re-strike in gold.

Paul M. and baseball21 like this.
  7. baseball21

That was my thoughts exactly about the bars. The one with the 36 mintage jumped out at me while the other I just didn't care for. I went for the palladium as well and was considering one of the 1/4 oz golds but probably will hold off for a re-strike for that like you

Cascade likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I made my initial foray into Carrdom today with the '64 Morgan PL. Looking forward to it.

jwitten, Evan8, dwhiz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The only fool is the one not buying ;)

Seriously though, whoever got CBD for secret Santa PLEASE get him a DC overstrike :)

ddddd, jwitten, Paul M. and 4 others like this.
  10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This is just a FANTASTIC reply. Lmao!

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What are you? Nuts? devil.gif

12. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

So does anyone know anything in regards to the mintage's beyond a limit of 1,964 across all finishes?

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

What do you mean? If Dan sets a limit that's it. Period.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Unlike the blasted US Mint......which sets limits (so called) but lists offerings as 'unlimited'. I can pick a winner, so it don't affect me at all......:)

15. Blissskr

OK maybe you don't understand English but it's 1,964 across all three different finish types so how many of finish x, y and z = 1,964

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I usnderstand English just fine but your question I guess could have been interpreted multiple ways. Anyway, to answer that, it's an unknown until they all sell out and Dan publishes the final mintages of each

Blissskr and green18 like this.
  17. baseball21

His mintage figures on the webpage show 892 of the normal produced so far. So you can subtract that from the total allowed. 110 of the PLs so far.

I would suspect that unless something happens to the dies or he is going to do a third finish offering that he may just let it run to the total and that buyers will determine what the mintage of each are by what they purchase.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Paul M., ddddd and Blissskr like this.
  18. baseball21

As a side note only 14 of the 3 ounce hologram bars with the mintage of 36 are left the last time I checked.

Also only 5 of the pallidum left in stock. Not sure if anymore will be made @dcarr

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  19. Blissskr

@baseball21 thanks also for anyone else interested, what he was referring to with the mintage numbers are here http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_18.htm.
    Kind of interesting that he's produced roughly 5x as many high grade ones versus bag handled (high-grade:691 bag-handled:137).

Thanks, and apparently as baseball mentioned the production blog does seem to indicate how many have been produced of each thus far.

ddddd likes this.
  20. baseball21

That seems to be the norm if you go back through old ones and look. I actually cant recall one where the bag handled outsold the high grade off the top of my head or where it was even close

ddddd likes this.
  21. jwitten

Where are you seeing maximum mintage on palladium, and where are you seeing current numbers made on the bars? I cannot find either.

Draft saved Draft deleted