A few new coins for my collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Craigescape, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Just picked up a few "new coins" for my collection. I have finally decided to stick to American coins. I was all over the place collecting everything .I couldn't keep up on tracking down value and such...lol

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

It can be overwhelming I no for me as a new collector so much to learn and so much reading.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I like that 1837 cent.

(Edited to add: I actually like being "all over the place", but I get what you mean.)

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

While it's fine to have a main interest in the coins which you collect, it's also not necessary to "only" have interests in that area. If your into US coinage, that's great, but there are a lot of other countries with exceptional coinage, and much more history as well.
    No need to put all your eggs in one basket. Collect what "You" like, and remember that your collecting interests may change over time.
    My interests go from ancients, to world coins, to US, to modern bullion. What I like, that I can afford. No wrong path to choose from as long as you continue to enjoy the hobby. JMHO.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  7. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

American coins? Could that include Canadian & Mexican coins from North America as well as Argentinian & Colombian coins from South America?

Draft saved Draft deleted