A few new additions

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ajax, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Seems I've been lacking in the coin collecting game this past year or so. I've only bought about 20 coins since January '19 and yet I have 50ish I need to catalogue and photograph:banghead:. Still the best hobby in the world though.
    These are just a couple of my recent purchases I wanted to share. Feel free to post anything and stay safe folks.
    yK2PT6Xp5YwHc4oByT7i3aLGGnk9qQ-removebg-preview.png
    Lucania, Thouroi 400-350 BC, Nomos
    Head of Athena right wearing a helmet decorated with Skylla holding a trident / Bull butting right, olive branch above, fish right in exergue 7.46g. SNG ANS 1039
    29_1-removebg-preview.png
    BRUTTIUM, Kroton. Circa 480-430 BC. AR Nomos (21mm, 7.97 g, 12h). Tripod with legs terminating in lion's feet; to right, heron standing left / Incuse tripod. HN Italy 2102; SNG ANS 269
    561_1-removebg-preview.png
    CELTIC, Trinovantes & Catuvellauni. Epaticcus. Circa AD 35-43. AR Unit (13mm, 1.11 g, 6h). Epaticcus Eagle (Atrebatic L) type. Head of Hercules right; pellet-in-annulet to left / Eagle standing facing on snake, head left, with wings displayed; pellet-in-annulet above. Van Arsdell 580-1; ABC 1346; SCBC 356.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thejewk

thejewk Well-Known Member

That's a really nice Celtic, good find.

Ajax likes this.
  4. ChitraKr

ChitraKr New Member

Where do you purchase your coins from? Do you have a few select vendors that you trust?

Draft saved Draft deleted