A Few Additions to Judaean Collection

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Deacon Ray, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Greetings, folks—I've added a few (red captions). On my last version I had some listed under their 3 figure Hendin classification numbers which were from an older numbering system. I realized that some of the coins that I thought were different were actually the same so I've replaced all of the duplicate Hendin number coins also. I think 2 versions ago, I said that I was finished adding to this collection—well as they say, never say never, because I've added 12 since then. I've added 18 since the beginning of 2018. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration!

JUDAEAN_COLLECTION.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Great additions @Deacon Ray - thanks for sharing them. And of course, superb presentation.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  4. Finn235

Finn235 Well-Known Member

An outstanding collection!

Deacon Ray likes this.
  5. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

You've gathered quite a tremendous group, @Deacon Ray!!

Deacon Ray likes this.
  6. Deacon Ray

Thank you, @ancient coin hunter ! The more I collect—the more I realize I don't have o_O Creating posters to share with the folks on the Ancients Forum gives me an opportunity to take stock in what coins I have. Also, I enjoy the constructive feedback such as yours which I take very seriously and use to improve my collection.

Justin Lee likes this.
  7. Deacon Ray

Thanks, @Justin Lee ! Thanks to your generous, exchange opportunity of your Judaean War coin—I developed an interest in the Jewish Roman Wars and consecutively the Bar Kokhba Revolt. The 2 COIN$ in the lower right corner are from the Bar Kokhba period :greedy::greedy::greedy:;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Justin Lee likes this.
  8. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I'm not saying Deacon Ray has OCD, but how else do you explain the dedication it takes to build such a detailed collection? Over 99% of ancients collectors would have been happy with one or two judeans, but not Deacon Ray....no! :rolleyes:

Congratulations, man. That's a fantastic collection.

9. Deacon Ray

Thank you, Sir! Judaean coins were my first love! Thanks to David Hendin and Ya'akov Meshorer :bookworm:

Roman Collector and red_spork like this.
  10. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Deacon Ray be killin it with this boss collection! :cool:

I have 3 different versions of your poster saved, lol. Btw, what size would you recommend printing it off at? I'm hoping to get it printed off soon so I can put it up.

Erin

Deacon Ray and Justin Lee like this.
  11. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Truly inspiring:artist:. Not only the amazing artistry of your display, but your dedication to this wonderful area of ancients. Even though I don't post much on your posts (due to lack of Judean coinage) I always appreciate them. Got any new Seleucids lately??

Deacon Ray and Justin Lee like this.
  12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Ray? Every time I see you post here, I think of Deacon Jones.......heck of a ball player......[aside finished] Carry on dear fellows.......

Deacon Ray likes this.
  13. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

A most excellent presentation Ray! But all of yours are. I think you are a real inspiration to some of the beginning collectors here, and your love of the coins you collect always comes shining through. Thank you, Ray.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  14. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

That's a fantastic group of coins DR, you're definitely "the Judean guy" around here! 18 coins this year and a several moths left to go! Also the "cool poster guy". :woot:

Deacon Ray likes this.
  15. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

Wonderful! Your presentation picture would make a great poster.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  16. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

i always enjoy your post and posters D Ray! :) excellent! ^^

Deacon Ray likes this.
  17. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Very nice

Deacon Ray likes this.
  18. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

That's simply brilliant DR

Q

Deacon Ray likes this.
  19. Deacon Ray

Thank you, Erin, you're very kind! The poster is not a standard size—it's 13 by 26 inches (33 by 66 centimeters). If you wish to have it printed, I can post a higher resolution (print quality) version to your CoinTalk PM (Personal Mail). The posters that I post in the Ancients Forum are rather low resolution for the Web. One of the reasons I haven't printed any is because I keep adding more. o_O

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Johndakerftw and Justin Lee like this.
  20. Deacon Ray

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  21. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Very noble work, @Deacon Ray ... It sounds like you are waging a real life war and revolt against a very real enemy taking those you care about, holding them captive. Here's to eventual (and daily) victories for you and your friends!

Deacon Ray likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted