A Farewell I bid to you...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, Jul 6, 2011.

1. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Member

Rickie ,

At a loss on what to say , but you have been a great friend and mentor on the boards and in private !! I wish you the best !! Thank You so much for the kindness that you showed my nephew , he still talks about the package that you sent to him . I know you and your family have been very kind to me and others and may God bless you for touching so many in one way or another !! You will always be a friend to me and have a place in my heart brother !!!

Thank You for bieng You !!

Bert

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

Rick; I may not remember ever talking to you much, but I almost cried when I heard you were leaving!

4. texmech

texmech Wanna be coin collector

Hate to hear your leaving, did not interact with you much as I am not into paper, but I saw many of your post and know that your input was very much welcome. God Bless

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Guess that writing and posting the initial message was everything but easy. While I am not really a paper collector, I have seen quite a few excellent comments from you here. Thanks for them, and thank you for hanging around with us that long!

Christian

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Rickie,

I guess we really never got the opportunity to get to know one another since I don't collect paper money, but I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You will be missed.

God Bless!

Chris

7. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Rickie,

Thanks for teaching a new collector what it means to encourage and mentor, it was more important then the considerable amount you taught me about bank notes. God bless.

Brian

8. andyluw12

andyluw12 New Member

You will be missed, but your knowledge will stay with us through your posts. Although we have never chatted, I have read some of your messages while researching and I'm sure I will return to them to learn more. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

9. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

10. reiljj00

reiljj00 Junior Member

Such a Great loss

The few times we have interacted here were priceless to me, from such a personality like you. You have been such an inspiration and mentor to many of us here, and all I can think to say is THANK YOU!!!
    You surely will be missed. I can't imagine how your family must feel, although I suppose you have prepared all for your farewell.
    So, My friend, Good bye and farewell,
    Johnny

11. silvrluvr

silvrluvr Senior Member

Goodbye RickieB. You're a great guy! I'll miss your postings of the beautiful notes in your collection... primo stuff, all of it. You're very knowledgeable and an astute collector. Sad to see ya leaving CT. God bless.

12. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Rick, it has been a pleasure to have you here with us. I'm always at a loss for words for things like this, but wanted to let you know how much I've admired you and enjoyed your posts here at CoinTalk. Thank you.

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Rickie it has not only been a pleasure but also a privilege to have known you and to have counted you as a friend, I wont say anything more but catch you later my man :(

14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

When I joined CT my interests were silver gold bullion and French art medals. After reading your posts and viewing some of your collections on line I expanded my collecting to include currency and ABNCo ephemera.
    Thank you for sharing your presence, collections, expertise and wisdom.

la paix

Mike

15. Gipper1985

Gipper1985 Junior Member

You don't know me, but I have been inspired by your presence in this board. The fact the you are a Marine, your constant encouragement of young collectors, the high praise you have received from your friends, and the stunning collection of currency (of which I have only seen a small sample) are all reasons you should be admired. Thank you. May God bless you and your family.

16. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Sorry to come upon this so late and very sad that it's come time to say goodbye, Rick. Your legacy will live on through your many posts here. I value the responses and assistance you provided on many topics and will miss your contributions greatly. Thanks for everything. Your gift to my collection will always remind me of you.

Greg

Attached Files:

17. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Rickie, I'm never good at this. I do remember guessing a number of coins from you and won it and will return the favor to future generation. Its not a farewell as we remember you for your genorosity, passion and knowledge. It's only a farewell when no one speaks of you - you will remain with us.

18. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Just some more to share, with the Engravers Line books that RickieB helped me purchase - I have been so inspired to dig deeper into the artistry of so many of the notes I own - been sort of a costly venture to as I have thus branched out into obtaining original prints by the engravers such as GCF Smillie.

[​IMG]

If I look at my posting history here, it has been 75% or more in banknotes. With a fine level of discussion, largely thanks to RickieB - no wonder why.

19. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Rick man, it has been a pleasure to say the least! Sad to see you go as I've always enjoyed your posts and you've been such an inspiration to me. I only hope that one day I can amass a collection half that of yours. You got me started into paper money way back with those contests you held, from there my interest has just grown stronger and now is my focal point in my collection. I am so glad to be able to have a piece of your collection (pictured below) and I will always treasure it. Farewell and thanks for all the knowledge and mentoring you have done! You will be greatly missed!

[​IMG]

20. John Doe

John Doe Junior Member

I do not go on the paper forums or this forum in general that much anymore, so I have never heard of you. But, I hope you are happy wherever you are going. Bye, I'll miss you.

P.S. Not to be disrespectful, but what is the disease?

21. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Fair winds and following seas!

Esprit de Corps ~ Ooh Rah

Never Forgotten My Friend!

Draft saved Draft deleted