A Farewell I bid to you...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, Jul 6, 2011.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Hey Rickie...thanks for everything. You have been a true friend and mentor.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Thank you. I am glad for the times we got to have you here. You will be missed.

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Thank you for all of the knowledge and the friendship that you shared. It's unfortunate that we only saw the tip of the iceberg.

Via con Dios, my friend

5. FreakyGsMom

FreakyGsMom Member

Rickie,

Garrett and I have always had a great deal of admiration and respect for you and I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. You have been an true asset to the numismatic community with your extensive knowledge and your willingness to share it with others.

As a Marine I'm sure you know that before adopting the motto of "Semper Fidelis" (always faithful) the USMC used the motto "first to fight" and fight you have. You have faced this battle with courage, conviction and grace and I'm so very sorry that this enemy has proven to be such a formidable opponent. I pray that God grants you peace as you begin your next journey. Semper Fi.

6. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

RickieB you will be missed. God bless.

7. Siggi Palma

Siggi Palma Well-Known Member

Good luck RickieB,

I´ll be sending you all the good wibes in the world to you from Iceland !

Best of luck in what ever you are taking on

Siggi

8. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

RickieB.

Semper Fi and God Bless.

You'll be missed.

9. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Thank you for your guidance, inspiration and knowledge, Rick. You will be deeply missed.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Thanks for all the great advise, both personal and currency related Rick. The CT forum won't be the same without your knowledge and personality. You've always had my back, and you'll always be remembered. I wish it was "see you later" instead of farewell my friend.

Steve

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Rick, You have been an asset to this paper money forum, in fact I believe it has largely been due to you that increased interests have brought many collectors here to discuss their paper money addictions. Thank you also for assisting several of us with acquisitioning Gene Hessler's engravers books. Thankfully I have a piece of your collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At some point in all of our lives, trivial matters like collecting coins, banknotes etc take a side step and our priorities turn towards what is more important - that of our families, friends etc. I wish you the best on this new journey you are stepping into.
    [​IMG]

12. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

Rickey, we will all be together once again. I always enjoyed reading your posts and admired your knowledge. May god be with you and your family. We will miss you always.

13. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Rickie,

I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving this forum. Through our conversations I have been given a wealth of knowledge from you that I use every day with my note collection. Your posts were insightful and inspiring at times and you were always a class act interacting with everyone else.

I do hope and pray that the time you spend with your family gives you the sense of peace and encouragement you are looking for. You are in our wishes, hopes and prayers.

Everyone else here at CT, we are losing a wealth of knowledge here at CT. I challenge us all to try and fill the enormous shoes being handed down to us.

14. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Rickie, you were a huge inspiration for many here. I know you will be with us always here, and hope we will be with you always as well.
    Guy

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I was well would like to echo others comments here and say how I always looked forward to reading your posts. You are a classy guy who always brought wisdom to a subject.

Best of luck my friend.

Chris

16. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Godspeed RickieB.

Bruce

17. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

CT is not as good with your departure. Good luck to you!

18. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

Your knowledge and your willingness to help fellow collectors has always been admirable, I always had up-most respect for you. You have built a collection off passion and shared this passion on others. Your kind and constructive words will echo within us for times to come, your presence will undoubtedly be missed.

I thank you for the time you shared with us Ricky, fare well.

19. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

What could I possibly say, that hasn't been expressed by the previous members. Whatever life transitions you face, know that you have inspired many many folks here and we all wish you comfort and a peaceful journey.

20. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

Farewell Rickie, you are one of the great members on these forums.

stainless

21. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

God bless and godspeed for all future travels. You will be missed.

Draft saved Draft deleted