A Farewell I bid to you...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, Jul 6, 2011.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Dear Friends:

Well the time has come for me to say so long. What a great ride it has been and I will take with me many memories from my time and friends on Coin Talk.
    While some of you know of my illness, all I will say it that it is related for me to make this decision. I felt it was the right time to do this while I can.

I have had a wonderful experenice here and shared many conversations with many of you. The experience of collecting BankNotes has been a thrill and I will say it is very possible that you all may see the Small Size Collection up at Auction in the near future..that will depend on what my wife does with it per my instructions.

There are some great members here who I have noted down in my books and I am gratefulf for your friendship over the years, thank you for the great times and support
    Signing off now...may God Bless you my friends. :)

Sincere regards,

RickieB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Loves2Travel

Loves2Travel PEACE DOLLAZ

First I'd like to say thank you R.B.

Thank you for your advice and kind words thoughout CT and everything you've brought to the table. You will be missed. I will remember alot of the pictures you've brought to light for all my years.

This one's for you pal

4. zach24

zach24 DNSO 7070 71 pct complete

I did'nt know you long or well, but you gave me some good advice and knowledge about this hobby, and thank you for that. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time, goodbye.

5. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

Rickie, I always looked forward to seeing what you post and the notes that you share with us. Thanks for passing your knowledge and best of luck!

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Rick. Love ya Man. Travel well.

And dang it I hate writing that. Dang it all Rick.......

7. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Rickie..

Semper Fi Bro..

8. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Thank you Rickie for all you have brought to the forum. I wish the best for you and all your loved ones.

9. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

Thank you for being on the forum, and for helping out YN's like me.farewell

10. Although I may not know you or have had a conversation with you, I wish you the best of luck and may God be with you.

11. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Rick,

I really really hate to hear that... You have my phone number if you or your family need anything. I'm just a phone call away.

12. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

To a good friend that I'm sorry to have never met, farewell and thank you for all that you have done for all of us here at CT.
    Many good thoughts for you and your family.

13. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Take care. Enjoyed your company while it lasted.

14. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

? RB?

Guess I was left out of the loop.

Did you ever finish that BIG BILL you were working on?

I still have the letter you sent me, just because your script was more beautiful than some notes you posted about.

Travel well.

Dok

15. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Rickie, I don't know what to say. You are one of the classiest guys I have met on CoinTalk. Bank Notes are your passion and you loved to share that with us. Last week at ANA Summer Seminar I took a course on Obsolete Currency, Southern States Currency and Civil War Currency and I now have a small understanding of what you love. CoinTalk is a better place having had you as a member and you will most certainly be missed.

Fare well, my friend.

16. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Rick , damn . You have given me so much pleasure in the last few years . Just looking at your notes and the passion you have brought a lot to me . The few PMs we shared showed what a thoughtful person you are . God bless , you are one of the special ones .
    Rusty

17. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Though I never really had a conversation with you from what you have posted I senes you are a very honorable, classy guy that when gives his word its becomes his bond. I have enjoyed your post, you have really made me appreciate currency and I hope one day to be able to collect it as you have. Good luck and God bless you in your travels and comfort you when needed.

Top notch guy and you'll be missed.

18. gawdroxx

gawdroxx New Member

RickieB,

I don't know you but I know you are a great person by the things everyone is writing. My heart is heavy and I am sad for you and your family my friend. I fell compelled to write to you. I am sure you have already dealt with reality, but it will be hard for us to deal with. And so I bid you farewell and say to you that you will be missed dearly, even by me.

Cecil B.

19. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Hi Rick,

It was a wonderful run, and your family must be very proud of you. You were a wonderful voice here at CT, which we'll miss of course. I'll admit that you even got me looking at US notes, and you can imagine that was a tough sell!

Best wishes to you and yours,
    Dave

20. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

rick you are an asset to this site. you have shared a lot of wisdom. you will be greatly missed. all my best wishes to you and you family. god bless

21. krispy

krispy krispy

You're in my heart and mind Rick. You've been a real inspiration and a great friend to me. I will be carrying your influence with me where ever I journey, far and wide.

Peace RickieB.

Draft saved Draft deleted