A Dialog on Collecting Wheat Cents

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dougmeister, May 5, 2021.

1. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Kind of makes we want to bury a small gladware container full of 60's and 70's LM cents for some future metal detectorist to find and get all excited about. May throw in a W quarter just to mess with him LOL!

1stSgt22 and William F like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. William F

William F Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! You should totally do it! :)

4. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

If there will be a W quarter, tell me where you bury it please!!! ;);)

5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

I’ve kinda caught some Lincoln Cent fever as of late... particularly coins from the 20s with mint mark. Just bought a 24-S and 25-S off Ebay that both look quite nice for $5 and $9 respectively... the 25-S might even be MS BN from the pics. I’ll make a post when they arrive.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Some are easily affordable and others require you to have two full time jobs.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  7. differential

differential Active Member

I love finding a wheat cent in a roll. Right now I seem to get about one for each roll. It's a delight when I find a coin from the early 1950s in AU 55--RD. It just seems incredible to find such a bright coin from 70 years ago. Since I can't get out to shows, it's one way to feel like an "old time collector," going through all those rolls, like sitting with Dad in the early 1960s at the kitchen table. He'd jump with joy when he'd find a silver coin--for me, I find a bright wheat cent and I say "yay!"
    "

Evan Saltis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted