A couple of recent favorites

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by snewman, Dec 22, 2014.

1. snewman

snewman Active Member

I've been mid-move for about 6 months and finally getting settled. Haven't set up my photo stand (sorry) but wanted to show these two.

First is my current favorite design - Italian coins for a few years around 1915 had this beautiful scene. Been searching for a while and finally found this. Hard to believe that a MS 64 will stay at the top pop, but I can look at it for hours.

1915_lira.jpg

Second is a U.K. Penny from 1927. The design is basically a one year issue, and the toning is amazing. Sorry for getting the light saturation the top, but it was necessary to show the toning until I can get a better setup going. When watching "The King's Speech" I ran for the coin to see how well they dressed him up. Quite a good job!

1927_uk_penny.jpg

Jwt708, chrsmat71, mlov43 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Two beautiful coins and country I collect also. :happy:

4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Both coins are great, The design on that Lire is gorgeous. Wow, King George Actually has hair, not just a bald worn head!

5. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

That Italian Lire coin really has a nice "3D" effect on the reverse (well, the side with the date and denomination, if that's reverse).

The strike depth and that heroic, busy design seem to give it a sublime quality... Does the strike look deep in hand?

Whatever the case, it looks very attractive.

I gotta look these up...

6. snewman

snewman Active Member

Yes, it is a deep strike, perhaps that is one of the reasons that I love the design so well -- but my lighting may have aided the shadow depth a little too.

7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

that lira is a beauty! what an awesome reverse.

Draft saved Draft deleted