A Couple of Oldies Just Slabbed: 1905 O Quarter and 1872 S Half

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by 7Jags, Feb 21, 2024.

1. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Just to share a couple of piece bought raw "across the Pond" and just back from PCGS. These looked nice and picked them up, thinking them worthy of certification. They are rather nice:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr.Q, Timewarp, Coins4Eli and 12 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Nice Pick up! Two of my favorite designs. Thanks for sharing. biggrin.gif

Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Better underrated dates both. Absolutely love the 72 half 58 my call but 61-2 wouldn't surprise me as axmsrket graded slider

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Ooohhhh I do love that seated half.

Coins4Eli likes this.
  6. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Ah, really like them too. The quarter went MS64 and the half MS63. Actually as both were toned the higher surfaces oxidized by contact (ie leg, face and gown on the half).
    I will never be able to make a meaningful date collection of either but nice to get pleasant examples of both.

7. Charlie Thomas

Charlie Thomas New Member

Congratulations on both your purchase and successful grading! Beautiful coins, both!

8. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

I did a bit of investigation and note that the TPGs, PCGS and NGC have graded very few of these and the higher graded specimens look to have been cracked and resubmitted at least a couple of times - compare this quarter to the MS66 on the PCGS site which looks roughly equivalent. So on the half, PCGS has 8 higher with no sales records in the last 5+ years & on the quarter 21 higher, with last sale about 2 years ago.

9. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted