A couple Morgans

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimefreak, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Been a long time since I posted over here. Kind of sad considering this is where I learned just about everything I about coins! Just wanted to drop in a share a couple coins with you all.:smile

Have a great day!:thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

The bag was good to those for sure. Got rev pics?

4. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

5. Busab

Busab New Member

Very nice! I'm Jealous!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

6. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Awesome coins but to me, this looks AT (I know it's not since its in a PCGS slab). For you tonning experts, if you saw this raw, would you know its NT and not AT?

7. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Looks like bag weave to me. Not saying this can't be faked or accelerated , but the two Gen holders kinda put that to bed.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If they were raw, I'd buy them in a heartbeat!

Chris

9. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Chris, your avitar reminds me of one of my Franklins.
    1956 Franklin obv.jpg 1956 Franklin rev.jpg
    I really love the toning.

10. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I wonder who that finger print at 6 o'clock on the toned reverse belongs to?

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Don't you mean your Franklin reminds you of my Morgan? LOL! I have several nicely toned Morgans that I got from Shane, aka Kryptonitecomics, but this 83-CC is my favorite.

12. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Yes, that. His name is familiar from the boards. Does he have a webstore, or just friendly barter?

13. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Im not sure that it is a finger print. The coins were pressed.... scooped with a shovel and than sat in a bag. I have seen that type of tone on a few other bag toners. I am quite positive that if it was a finger print the black part would be completely untoned, as the acids from the finger would inhibit toning in that spot. With that said I cannot explain exactly how it happens so it very well could be a print I suppose..... A quick trip to NCS would clear that all up but I think I like the coin just the way it is! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted