A contest for a contest (20 Mercury Dimes up for grabs, followed by grand-prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JCB1983, Nov 20, 2011.

1. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

1) Random number
    2) oldest coin you own.
    3) A puzzle

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

How about you get a $50 bag of cents from a bank, and have the members guess how many wheats there are, what percentage is 95% copper, and what percent is zinc, and the closest wins. If there is a tie, have a guess of a number between 1-100 to break the tie.

4. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

If i like yours can you return the favor?

5. MercuryDime

MercuryDime New Member

6. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I think tis contest should be on honest opinion and shouldn't be a voting pact.

7. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Some people want to win the contest! (REALLY BADLY)

8. MercuryDime

MercuryDime New Member

So far am I wining? I want to win sook bad I made a word docent that says I want to winnnn*5

9. What if you went to the bank, picked up a box of cents, and had everyone guess how many wheats and copper cents you'll pull?

10. Or, what if it was holiday themed, and had everyone guess what kind of present you got for someone, and the member with the closest guess wins?

11. One more. Have people guess the total number of a certain type of coin in your collection

12. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

I want to win too. I love mercury's but i only have very few (6)

13. Zephr

Zephr New Member

Get a giant jar of change and have people guess the value of all of the coins in the jar and how many of each denomination.

14. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

15. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

If I like your post can you like me back?

16. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

how about if you filled a jar with foreign coins and had them guess
    1. how many coins in jar?
    2. how many different countries in jar?
    3. which country has the most in the jar?
    4. how old is the oldest coin?
    5. how much does jar weigh?

17. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Thanks for all of the posts. Some very interesting and creative ideas so far. The more ideas we can generate the better. The story behind the likes was just to paint a picture of what kind of contest CT members would like to see. Remember even if you don't win the mercs, you'll still be in the running to win the final prize. Thank you all for participating.

18. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Please no exchanging, or trading of votes. Lets keep it honest here. If it appears to become a problem, I will have to personally choose a winner, and I don't want to do that =].

19. mike28

mike28 Junior Member

exemple, what if have to make or own token for our forum ?
    1 your own design of the coin or token that you think it's would be perfect for our friendly coin talk forum its can be draw on paper or created on computer
    2 your own design of the coin or token or note that you would like see

20. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Don't know if its been said or not, but best "worn-in" pocket piece

21. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

how about a bracketed contest? (to fuel the rivalry ;) )something along the lines of the NCAA (hoping for an even numbers of participants) and then do a best out of 3 with a "guess the grade" ..time consuming I know but could be a blast, especially if the grading would get harder and harder as the contest goes on (start w/Morgans and then for the second, third round move on to SLQs or Large Cents)

-Dom

Draft saved Draft deleted