A company blatantly selling counterfeit Silver Eagles!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by The Half Dime, Feb 20, 2024.

1. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

For anyone that collects Silver Eagles, we've likely seen that a shop is selling them from $21.97 each, all for various years, with monster boxes being $10,500. This is www.nestrashop.com, and I just want to caution you from buying this company. They are an absolute scam with "Trash" in their name!

I got one of these and agreed to a 7 day time allowance for shipping. After over 2 weeks, I had not gotten the coin, and I started to get angry. I called their "phone number" multiple times. No answer. I emailed them as well. Still no answer.

My mom ended up reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau, and while looking at their reviews, I found a couple hours' worth of bad info. Today I'm going to shorten that into a couple of minutes.

From a person on Reddit, "A quick google of their address reveals it's a "PhysicalAddress.com" storefront, a company that helps legitimize fake/scam websites by giving them a real address. (That exact address is linked to dozens of companies, all of which either appear to be scams, or are obviously scams)".

Courtesy of a SafetyHQ review "I received 10 silver eagle coins which I purchased from Nestrashop Orlando Fl. These coins are fake and I will report his to the secret service. I cannot contact Nestrashop they do not answer the phone nor do they respond to email. I will report their name These coins do not have the security the us mint provides on these coins as missing".

And, even worse, they are such a scam that they can't respond to a message!

Courtesy of a BBB review:

"feb 17 2023 bought 20 american silver eagles .999 finesilver uncirulated ,as advertised,took them to coin shop had them athennacated fake came from china order ***
    Business response
    03/06/2023

Good morning,

In our site, we indicated that the product is the best quality, and the price of the product proves that it is not the original, the customer can make a dispute near his bank to return the product and have his refund.`

Best regards,

"

Notice, though, that they don't even mention about the fake Silver Eagles, so they literally know these coins are fake. Furthermore, another BBB review states that "They are a criminal front based in France from the looks of the billing info."

I simply want to caution anyone that is buying a Silver Eagle. If you want cheap prices like this, buy them from a place like Bullion Exchanges that occasionally sells Eagles and Maple Leafs at spot.

This is a problem that we need to solve together, so people don't end up following in the steps of ones like me who fell for it. Since, I've gotten an Eagle for about $20 after a trade, but you can clang it and it's real silver. There's really nothing the US Secret Service can do about a French business.

Hopefully this helps, as there are many more complaints you can read about.

Tall Paul and Mr.Q like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Thank you!

4. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

No problem! ;)

Hopefully many others can see this post and read it before investing in Eagles.

Mr.Q likes this.
  5. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

Def. one of those fake Chinese websites that walk the line of US legality. Stuff like this is becoming a huge problem in most collection based hobbies

6. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

7. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member

If any site is selling precious metals below spot, steer clear. Collectors have got to use common sense. If it's too good to be true.... As the saying goes.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you used a credit card just call the card company and cancel the sale.

9. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

I have only ever gotten precious metals below spot on few occasions. One of my local coin shops buys and sells junk silver for less than spot. Once, I got a silver bar for $21.60 after a 10% discount; while it was tarnished, it was 88 cents less than spot and I couldn't pass it up.

Other than that, I've gotten war nickels for 75 cents and $1, but as far as that goes, I like 'em because I've sold 24 of them in the last 5 weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted