Featured A Coining Ritual

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by David Atherton, Dec 20, 2019.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Here is my routine. After, I sign for registered packet, I thank the mailman/ next, I carefully cut open packet/ remove cardboard protective thing/ peel it open/ remove coin (inside flip)
    Now, with 5X magnifiers I admire my new treasure:happy: Later on i will print up my data label. Then with special coin gloves remove coin from auction flip and put it into SAFLIP with label. After that, in my "ancient" coin album.
    PS: I have never ever weighed a coin....reason I have nothing to weigh it with;) Then, the weight is always on auction data/ info....
    John

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

My ritual is somewhat different. Most coins arrive where I do not have to sign for it. When I pick up the mail from the box in front of my house, I slip the coin containing envelope into my pocket and don't mention it to my wife. I then place the envelope in my desk drawer to be opened after the wife has retired for the night. After a few days, I take pictures and update my catalog usually telling my wife I am just doing some housecleaning on my collection.

[​IMG]

panzerman, Johndakerftw, Nvb and 3 others like this.
  4. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

@Bing - those are what I call veteran moves!!
    My wife handles the finances generally - but I have intercepted a few bills when required. But honestly I am just fooling myself as she knows exactly what I am up to - I just get the odd "head shake" and nothing is said. I could be up to worse I guess.

Broucheion likes this.
  5. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Yep, I had to Google it [and my wife is a big tea fanatic; has about a dozen different blends in the pantry.]. A little disappointed; I as hoping it would be more akin to Long Island Tea or Irish Coffee.

octavius likes this.
  6. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Well, I've been married nearly 51 years. I may not be the sharpest tack in the drawer, but I have learned to keep certain things to myself in the interest of household harmony. For example, when my wife asks something, my answer is most generally "yes dear".

Broucheion likes this.
  7. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Of course when I asked my wife she knew what Yorkshire Tea was: a strong black tea generally mixed 50/50 with warm milk.

David Atherton likes this.
  8. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

It's Nectar of the Gods. Once tried you will never drink Lipton again!

octavius likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted