A Coin Grading Company from China?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Jan 15, 2018.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I was cruising ebay and snooping around on some fake Chinese coins and blamo! I came across something that's completely new to me! If y'all already spoke about this issue no worries, but please shoot me the link, so I can read about them. Anyways, I saw the below Asian coin grader and thought, when did these pop up? Anyone know?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Chines...d=302597682383&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Anyone can create these. They sell the slabs and the labels. All you need is a label program to design, print and insert. Doesn't look like a professional slabbing.

4. Numentio Mike

Numentio Mike New Member

People in China are aware it's agency selling fakes as well, (sorry, link in Chinese):
    https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1823874209323122468.html
    It looks like it's a recent fake brand as this thread is from November 2017.

The big and reliable agencies in China basically are:
    GBCA and of course PCGS does a lot of grading there as well.

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

NGC does also have an office in China.

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Interesting, fake slabber selling fake coins in fake slabs. Where else but on ebay, and where else but from China?! :rolleyes:

7. imperial-coin

imperial-coin New Member

PCGS and NGC now set up in China , now all our gold and high value Silver coins are probably fake in slabs copied by the ChiCom I do not trust USA companies that gain access in Chinese markets. Nike the NBA all chant ChiCom rhetoric l bet thousands if not millions of gold /silver coins are out fakes. Now our coins are being graded in the gold coin counterfeiting capitol of the world with access to slab encoding technology.

8. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

Looks like this link has been removed.

9. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Well, it was posted in 2018 so what were you expecting?

NO IDEA why @imperial-coin posted an off the rails rant in a 2.5 year old thread.

10. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have looked at the date of the original post, my bad.

11. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

no longer available to view listing

Draft saved Draft deleted