A Clip and A Cud On The Same Piece

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Collecting Nut, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

An 1863 Civil War Token that I picked up late last year. 26 & 28 EXCHANGE PLACE N.Y. The Cud occurs on the reverse at 10-11 o'clock and the clip is obvious. It's nice that the clip is easily seen on both sides. LOL
    IMG_3670.JPG IMG_3671.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

WoW!! Nice!! You don't have to point that out. Nice to see actual mint errors with the naked eye! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

Always wondered how many different legitimate mint errors have been found on one coin.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

The cud is, of course, obvious, but I don't see any obvious Blakesley Effect opposite the clip. Maybe it's just very subtle. Could this be a cut token rather than a mint error?

How about a look straight into the clip?

5. Collecting Nut

Three errors is the most I've seen but 2 is the best I have. At least mine is clean and has no signs of corrosion. :)

6. Collecting Nut

This is a token and was minted outside of the Mint. Not all coins or tokens will have the Blakesley Effect.

Islander80-83 likes this.
  7. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing. Not sure where or how these things are minted/made. Not the quality of the mint process. I don't think the Blakesley Effect is always evident or visible on legitimate mint clips.

8. Collecting Nut

No it is not always visible. Usually it's there but not always.

Islander80-83 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted