A Cigar Store Token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Sep 30, 2026 at 11:08 AM.

  1. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    Good for five cents in trade, but I guess one has to know where 510 Edmond is to use it.
    IMG_1854.jpeg IMG_1855.jpeg
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. johnmilton

    johnmilton Well-Known Member

    Here's famous Civil War cigar token. The hotel had a gentlemen's lounge here men could smoke cigars, play billiards and catch up on the news of the day with the latest newspapers. This is a scarce token, but most of the examples I have seen were Mint State.

    Skidmore All.jpg
     
    Collecting Nut likes this.
  4. KBBPLL

    KBBPLL Well-Known Member

    510 Edmond St, St Joseph MO is probably where you want to go to cash it in, although it's a coffee shop now.

    https://buchananmo.devnetwedge.com/parcel/view/063008003002042000/2025
    looks like a great place for a cigar store. I can't find building info there but the subdivision is "original town" so it's likely quite old.

    I have more important things to do today but I don't want to.
     
    Collecting Nut likes this.

Share This Page