Featured A Brutus a day, keeps the tyrant away

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Limes, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Limes

Limes Well-Known Member

That is a great coin! Not that famous, but ironically he was one of Caesar's closest friends actually. It was also this Btutus that persuaded Caesar to meet with the Senate on that fatefull day, and travel to the East yet. Decimus Brutus was the second in line in the will of Caesar, after Octavian.

Thats a nice group indeed! And if you need to get rid of that brutus, give me a call ;-)

Egry likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Sear 1447 Cassius.JPG

Not Brutus, but his buddy Cassius here.

Those saying that it’s the coins you don’t buy that you regret, are right. I’ve been beating myself up for 12 years over not purchasing a beautiful Brutus with the lictor reverse at what I later understood was a bargain price that I was too cheap to pay at the time. Now my problem is that every time I see that coin for sale, I keep remembering the price I could have gotten it for, which, irrationally, keeps me from bidding on other samples. It was very foolish, not to buy that coin at a floor auction in Oslo in 2008.
    Luckily I learned from it, and bought this coin from the same house a year later.

Alegandron, Nemo, Egry and 2 others like this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Some great coins in this thread. Here’s one of mine.
    upload_2020-8-5_14-54-19.jpeg

El Cazador, Alegandron, Bing and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted