A beautiful MD day..

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by galba68, Sep 20, 2019.

1. galba68

galba68 Well-Known Member

Gold ring, modern, 5.5 gr..14 carat..and Gallienus ae denarius, 1.8o gr..I will post photos of Gallienus after cleaning..

upload_2019-9-20_15-42-23.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-20_15-43-27.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-20_15-43-54.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice score to find gold. And hopefully the coin cleans up well.

galba68 likes this.
  4. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Really happy for your precious find. Hope you keep on finding more G and G. I mean Gold and Gallienus.

galba68 likes this.
  5. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

Hey Galba great find!
    I went out last weekend first time in about 4 months due to the ground being so hard and it was sooo hot this summer...Some heavy rain softened and cooled everything down so I went on a couple of outings....
    Accidentally hit a cival war zone 1930's..Bullets, grenades, artillery shells..Along with some old 19th century musket balls...
    Some big provincial bronze coins, old belt buckle, lead seals and a big nail!
    Suddenly hit a load of Roman bronzes (need cleaning) they were scattered around probably a 10 metre radius...I wonder what happened there? And to top it off a couple of really nice pendants........But no gold! 1-md 2019-ccfopt.jpg

galba68, Curtisimo, panzerman and 8 others like this.
  6. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

I envy you @galba68 and @Spaniard to be able to dig in your back yard and find treasures. Just one thing is sad : your CT profile indicate you are both stateless...it would be interesting to know from which part of the planet you’re from ! :happy:

galba68 likes this.
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

So you're the one who found the ring? Be sure to cast it into Mount Doom.

Don't want those RingWraiths to get you.

galba68 and Orfew like this.
  8. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

galba68 and panzerman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted