.99 cent deals

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

As usual I am here to bring down the overall quality of offerings on this forum with more of my lower end treasures.. and I am really pushing the limits here with 2 coins for $1.98.

I put minimum bids on these two (.99 cents each). I was really focused on a couple of other coins that I won and never went back to look at these. To my surprise no one else wanted them (lol perhaps that does not surprise you at all?)...they arrived in the mail today and they look way better than the auction pictures. Nice to be pleasantly surprised. Yes they are worn.. but what do you want for under a buck??
    Here are my pics:

Obv Valentinian.jpg Rev Valentinian.jpg
    Nicely centered, readable legends... I like it!
    I believe this attribution is correct .. let me know if this is not the case:

Valentinian II Ae. 2, DN VALENTINIANVS IVN PF AVG, pearl-diad. dr. cuir. bust r., rev., REPARATIO REIPVB, in ex. ESISC (Siscia mint), Valentinian stg. l. raising kneeling female figure (Sear, 4162).Diameter: 23 mm. 4.88g

This one is quite a bit rougher but I really like the reverse... there is a lot going on..
    Still investigating this one..

Constans Rev.jpg
    I think Constans has some sort of ear infection.. have to get that looked at..
    Constans Obv.jpg

Please post any bargain bin buys that you are happy to own!!!!

zumbly, FitzNigel, Jay GT4 and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Those are both fabulous 99¢ coins!

ominus1 and Clavdivs like this.
  4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Nice! I one bot a mall lot of 13 coins for $13. One was a bit rare and I traded to another CT member for this one. So I guess it cost me $1 :)

026.JPG

5. hoth2

hoth2 Well-Known Member

Great coins for a buck apiece. I love when coins show up better than pictured. It is one of the best parts of the hobby.

Clavdivs likes this.
  6. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Nice grabs for $.99 a piece. I'm afraid I have not been so lucky...

7. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

...can't beat'em for a buck! :)

8. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Well done nice coins, you probably paid a lot less in real terms than when they were minted as currency.

9. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I guess this means 'another member' can stop feeling guilty for ripping you off in that trade???

We all face the question of lots. If you buy 13 coins for $13, does that mean you paid $1 each or $13 for one and 12 free? If you paid $8k for 32 coins and only wanted 8 of them....... Some bargains are cheaper than others.

randygeki and TIF like this.
  10. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Were is the inflation? That coin in worth less now than it was 2000 years ago! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted