911 Never forget

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dwhiz, Sep 11, 2022.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I will never forget the exact spot I stood in my store...the looks of the faces of my employees as well customers ....as watching the towers fall.
    This small reminder hangs on my wall so all who visit my home remembers to...
    Remember the fallen...both in the towers,and on the battle field. God grant them all eternal rest...and peace.
    And Lastly I'll never forget the day we got the devil Bin Laden and sent him to hell.
    20220911_061717.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  4. Cheezit17

Cheezit17 Member

God bless the USA, and all who died on that day.

dwhiz, lardan, Paddy54 and 3 others like this.
  5. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

An entire generation has grown since the September 11th tragedy. We need to teach them and the future generations about the loses to humanity that resulted. Just as we should never forget Pearl Harbor, We should never let the 9/11 incident fall by the way-side.

An Athens, Georgia born artist named David Renka specializes in bronze castings. He studied for four years in the Italian Mint at Rome as an engraver. Works by Renka can be found in the National Board of Antiquities in Helsinki, The British Museum in London, at the United Nations, the Vatican, private collections
    and the Presidential Palace in France. His tribute to the 9/11 disaster is a medallion
    that embodies the premise that although the disaster occurred on US soil, many from other countries perished during the attack, and the whole world was a target.

Mr. Renka entitled his medallion "Never Again, Anywhere", because terrorism should be condemned and not allowed to continue in any form. "For all the victims, everywhere" because though the viciousness of the September 11th attacks and the enormity of the destruction are unique, the suffering of those involved, is not. It is shared by an ever increasing number of "blood" relatives throughout the world." (David M. Renka).
    upload_2022-9-11_9-14-56.png upload_2022-9-11_9-15-32.png

dwhiz, lardan, Paddy54 and 3 others like this.
  6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Never Forget

The horrific, heinous act that took place 21 years ago today represented an attack on freedom everywhere. Never minimizing the disgusting attack perpetrated on US soil I've got to try to latch on to any positive I can from that day. For at least a brief time afterwards, all party lines disappeared. There was no left or right. We came TOGETHER as a nation. I cannot let that go. That was unity to the core.

All gave some, and some gave all. Bless those who perished that day.

upload_2022-9-11_9-40-45.png

7. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

0D9C2E9D-E8C7-44C7-8669-1D659B633ECA.jpeg I am from New York, originally. I could never forget September 11, 2001. 11 friends were killed in the WTC.

Cheezit17 likes this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I was watching on TV when the second tower was hit. Can't get that image out of my mind.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I still don't want to see the footage or images. At this point, I guess they'll always trigger that reaction of horror and despair for me.

Also not real fond of the "Ground Zero Recovery" slabs and third-party "commemorative issues". I applauded raising funds for recovery and for helping the victims, but there's an awful lot of stuff out there that's trampled the line between "respectful observance" and "cashing in".

10. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Yes, a sad sad day… Still wonder about the Saudi connection.
    We will never know about that…

dwhiz and Paddy54 like this.
  11. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I was watching the events on TV with my in-laws who were visiting us. This was when we lived in a Massachusetts. The whole thing was shocking to say the least.

I won this set as a door prize at my local club. It's one of those things the barkers sold on TV. I hate to think of how much the original buyer paid for it.

9 11 Decal Quarter Set.jpg

For the newbies who might be lurking, these pieces are ordinary quarters with decals attached to them.

It even came with a "Certificate of Authenticity!"

9 11 Decal Quarter R.jpg

Randy Abercrombie and lardan like this.
  12. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

More people killed on 9/11 than Pearl Harbor. I can still vividly remember those planes flying into the towers. I still remember our flying schools teaching the future pilots everything but landing, never raised any red flags.

johnmilton and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  13. Paddy54

Abby road one of my favorite LP's very appropriate this week esspecially the last song! By Sir Paul

14. Paddy54

Truer words have never been spoken or written... and at this moment in time some 21 years later...we owe it to those who perished in the towers, the Pentagon, as well in a farm field in Pennsylvania, as well our troops who sought to bring justice for all we lost ...long before I was a Democrat, a Republican, or an Independent.....I was an AMERICAN .... a country who isn't perfect....but strives to be the best they can be to oppose those whom are evil....and defend those whom cannot defend themselves.

15. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I haven't forgotten. NEVER will!

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted