90% off center half dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jon4485, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

just wondering how much you all think a 90% off-center kennedy half dollar would go for, i've seen one at my coin shop but i've known them to way overprice things lol i only buy cheap things from them like common date ihc's and merc dimes.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Texas John

Texas John Collector of oddments

Assuming it's dateless, I'd say it's worth at least $100. Such errors are much common on halves than on pennies and nickles.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

What have they got it priced for currently?

5. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

if my memory is right they have it for somewhere around $130 and its graded can't remember by who though

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks Jon. I think that your original inquiry here will be best served with the knowledge of these factors being provided in specific. Knowing the dealer's asking price as a starting point, that the coin is actually TPG graded, not raw, and what, if any, grade it was given and by which company, more so can help us help you, especially as any CT guesstimates are only approaching this coin sight-unseen. The more accurate information you can supply, the more likely those replying to your inquiry will in turn be supplying you with any semblance of accuracy. Until we know more or actually see the coin ourselves, the dealer has the upper hand with that retail asking price.

7. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

hmmm... next time i go to the shop i'll definately take another look

8. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

ok so i went today to the coin shop and it turns out my memory is terrible....lol

so the coin was 95% off-center,MS 62, still didn't look by who since i was so amazed at the price...$895 X.X so there you have it, anyone remotely have an idea of what this really could be worth because I doubt someone would pay that much

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Wow! Yeah, important details indeed have been supplied now... and what a price they have on it! Maybe you can take a look at some error coins from recent past Teletrade and Heritage Auction archives to get an idea of market prices. Interested to hear what the others will chime in with.

Draft saved Draft deleted