90% junk silver from the flea market

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by silver surfer, Oct 31, 2010.

1. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

Picked up 4 common date G-VG morgans for $20 a piece from one vender who wanted $21,and 3 common date heavily circ Walking liberty halfs for $9 a piece from another guy
    who was asking $10.
    Total spent $107.Checking melt value on coinflation.com i did pretty good,paid just a couple of bucks over melt in total.
    These flea market guys can be hard to bargin with,they put a junk coin in a 2x2 and think they can get Red book prices for it.which to me defeats the purpose of going to the flea market in the first place.
    Many of them want $30 for worn/cleaned circulated common date peace/morgans
    and wont come down on the price.
    I just look them strait in the eyes and tell them that i know a little about coins and
    that they are asking way too much for them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Problem is uneducated schmucks with more money than sense will buy them.

I've found a few good deals at flea markets like US 90% silver for under spot price... but they're few and far between.

4. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

few and far between is right , i guess they charge what the the schmucks will pay.
    when precious metals go up the perceived value does to.
    One good thing no 8.5 sales tax at the flea market

5. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

They cater to the "impulse buyer". Aka the ignorant set who will spend money on whatever you sell them.

6. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

they don't sell coins (or anything else for that matter) for what they are worth, they sell them for what they know someone will pay.

7. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Draft saved Draft deleted