86 Morgan. Grade?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Profit man, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Profit man

Profit man Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sshafer11

sshafer11 Head Research Assistant - Coin Show Radio

Pictures are lacking a bit to tell for sure. Obviously details wise it looks pretty gemmy, especially on the reverse. But the luster is very concerning as are the black spots on the left field. I would guess UNC details, cleaning. Someone probably tried to dip the heck out of it to get rid of the spots and ruined it. If the picture had better lighting and multiple views it might be a different story.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ah, the nightly "tell me what grade my coins are because I'm not interested in learning to grade them myself" thread. We were worried when you didn't show up yesterday.

I try to give everyone here the benefit of the doubt, but I've taken a look back at your posting history, and it's kind of appalling. Most people show at least a little gratitude, a little willingness to learn, and/or some sign that they actually read replies. You've been here for almost two months, you've made almost 100 posts, and it looks like the only time you even reply in your own threads is to complain about or mock the responses trying to help you. At this point, I'm wondering if you're only here to troll.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I know it's here somewhere......... 0794838243.png

6. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Why are you wondering at all?

Galen59 likes this.
  7. easj3699

easj3699 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the others. Have you learned anything since being on the forum?

Galen59 likes this.
  8. thomas austin

thomas austin Beauty is in the eye of me

I love to study certain type coins and learn how to grade them. I find my knowledge that I am gaining ever so slowly to be very satisfying. Whether at a coin show or even a flea market I have confidence.

I do however find grading from pictures to be almost impossible. This is why I go to as many shows as possible. I have paid handsomely trying to grade on the net. Hardly ever satisfied. So I don't mind the post "can you grade this". It just reminds me why I don't buy unslabbed coins online.

I'm not hear to judge the author. Just can't offer a grade thought. Happy collecting.

-jeffB and RaceBannon like this.
  9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Can't tell with the pictures you provided but I give your posts a PO-1.

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

"AU-whatever, bro!"
    IMG_15194619037991.jpeg

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Needless to say, I've been around the block more than a few times, and this is one of those times that makes me think the OP doesn't care to learn. I have the feeling that all he wants is for someone to guestimate a grade so he can sell flip them for a profit. His username tells it all.

He doesn't join in any meaningful conversation on any thread, not just his own. So, I have no respect for him. He probably doesn't care about my thoughts or those of the others, and that seems to be par for the course.

Chris

13. Profit man

Profit man Active Member

Thanks everybody

bkozak33 likes this.
  14. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

This is both sad and hillarious.

Galen59 likes this.
  15. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Turning it back to profit man--what do YOU think it should grade at?

Galen59 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted