'84 Lincoln Obverse Cud?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by kbabyjohnson01, Mar 11, 2013.

1. kbabyjohnson01

kbabyjohnson01 40 Years Cancer FREE

Not sure but for some reason I'm wandering if it could possibly be PMD instead of a cud. The reason I question this is because I don't see effects on the reverse. However, the location also doesn't really effect any of the letters of the reverse.

Please tell me what your conclusions are on this one. Thanks in advance for all responses.

84cudobv.jpg

84cudrev.jpg

84cud.jpg

84cudside.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kbabyjohnson01

Looked at the reverse again this morning after a good night's rest. The only possible effect from the cud I found was the top portion of the S as indicated in the following pic with the arrows:

84cudrev2.jpg

4. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Looks like a cud to me. The edge view picture is very helpful as it shows the cud as raised metal. If it was a fold over lamination it would not be raised like that. There also does not appear to be a rim bump in that area, which can also produce an affect which resembles a cud.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:thumb::yes:KJ Nice 1 for sure a cud!!!! */* even my old eye can see that!!!
    u my want to look a this link to see if there a die variety for your 84 cud
    :kewl:http://www.coppercoins.com/

6. kbabyjohnson01

Thank you for the confirmation.

I, in fact, checked and didn't see a variety noted there. With that being said, is this something that needs to be sent to CONECA or somewhere else?

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

KJ here the link to Coneca were you can find any known type DV or error only bad thing is some Have No photo that help ya.:)http://www.conecaonline.org/articles.html

8. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

Nice coin ! Looks like a cud to me as well.

9. kbabyjohnson01

Thanks again Jello for the link. I did find other cuds on ebay and websites for sale but located in other regions.

Thanks to all!

Draft saved Draft deleted