7th Post Giveaway!! – 1909-S PCGS Graded Barber Quarter!!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by illini420, Jul 4, 2009.

1. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Great contest Illini, and welcome to the forum! That is an awesome set, my favorite is the 1909 S Barber half MS64. It looks like a great blast white half, plus I like the inverted mintmark.

Btw I'm 19, so put me down in the Under 25 group.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. troublesbrewin

troublesbrewin remember rotary phones?

While I'm a sucker for the Indian Head Half Eagles' incuse design, I found your Barber Half Dollar to be exceptional with the beautiful lavender toning and satin like finish.

WINNER :hammer:
    1909-O 50C MS65 PCGS # 6517 : ***Mintage: 925,400; Weight: 12.5 grams; Composition: .900 silver, .100 copper; Diameter: 30.6 mm; Reeded Edge; Designer: Charles E. Barber***

Andy

4. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Thought this would be a great time to share one of my favorite 1909 coins that isn't part of my 1909 Mint Set since it is a proof coin.

[​IMG]

5. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Great toning! Just beautiful!

(Maybe time to start a 1909 proof set? :D )

6. sweet wheatz

sweet wheatz Senior Member

I like the 1909 s lincoln, Just because it is still obtainable without totally ruining the budget. Also I think the VDB is overrated.

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

My kudos to you for having a very good attitude , people who cheat are usually just cheating themselves and in the long run they will lose , also good for you to help the YN out , it would of been nice if a lot of us older collectors had people like you in our corner years ago .
    rzage:D:thumb:

8. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Man, talk about a tough choice! The Barbers, the gold. ::::drool:::: ok... here goes:

I love the S VDB cent best. Let's face it, it's one of the first coins that anyone ever hears about when they begin collecting coins. The first super coin for beginners.

I am a 20th century key date guy, and they don't get much more key than the 1909-S VDB!

9. GoldCoinLover

GoldCoinLover Senior Member

Under 25

(I'm 21)

Please enter me! I love your 1909/8 saint gaudens coin, because of the overdate and its brilliant luster! It looks spectactular for an AU55 grade.

10. Laxmaster92

Laxmaster92 Senior Member

Thanks for the awesome chance. I love the color on the barber 50C. BTW Under 18.

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Sorry it was a trick question, I did.

LOL (but, true.)

12. dan8402

dan8402 Junior Member

I really like your 1909-D $5. I have always liked the Indian $2 1/2 and $5 gold design, so it wasn't hard to pick a favorite for me. I would post a 1909, but I don't believe I have one myself. I missed out on the extra chance when I turned 25 Sunday, a few days too late.

Thanks for the contest too :)

13. ajia

ajia Junior Member

1909-O Barber Half.
    I love the subtle toning that still allows the Mint luster to shine through, though most of your coins are great.
    Thanks for the great give-away.

14. dracula370

dracula370 Mmmmmmm......Bacon

Welcome to the forum.

My fav is the 1909 VDB MS66...

I just love the look of if..everything nice and sharp, and the coloring is fantastic.

15. mad258

mad258 Junior Member

THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY and the opportunity to view your awesome set! Of course we all like the Gold coins but my answer will be the MS66RD Indian Head cent with only 4 in the population graded higher.

16. pjh008

pjh008 Member

Unbelievable , this is all I can say about your collection. Truely a joy to look at, Thank you. My favorite is the 09-o half I really like the way it is toned but it is really hard to pick just one. You have a great day, Pat

17. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Hope everyone is having fun with the contest so far, I am!!! :D

Thanks to all that have entered so far... just 2 days left!!!! Love seeing all of the other 1909 coins posted, regardless of the condition, believe me not all of mine are super high grade either.

Really appreciate all of the comments on which coins are the favorites... many of which have been surprising to me and will make me carefully look at the collection with those comments in mind. :)

Again, good luck!

18. talley

talley Member

Like others have said, the 1909 S VDB would have be my favorite. I've loved the wheats ever since I was a little kid.

BTW, I'm under 25....24!

Thanks!

19. PQType

PQType Junior Member

The 1909 s vdb and 1909 s IHC are my favs, They were coins I searched for with no luch as a kid. My mother was a waitress and in the 60s she was often left tips of old coins. I use to count out and search trough her tips that back then ranged around $50 a day. To bad I did not have a Cherry Pickers guide back thenz:)

And I do own a 1909 $2.5 Indian Gold MS62 as part of that set. I guess I should get pics of that set.

20. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

PQType: Would love to have been able to go through that sort of haul each day!!! Very cool.

I just turned 29 though, so when I was able to go through my parents change I would find a wheat cent every now and then, but it was still fun and was able to get a lot of holes in my Whitman albums filled that way!

21. pobrien36

pobrien36 Junior Member

my favorite would have to be the 1909-d Barber dime because i love collectiong barber and mercury dimes
    -Under 18

Draft saved Draft deleted