76 type 1 bicentennial Ike are belong to me!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Forkeh, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Just won it on Ebay. The description didn't specify, but I've got a really good feeling this one isn't silver lol, I'm not delusional :p. But anyway, I got it for a couple bucks. I'm absolutely Ike crazy, but this will be my first proof. I'm super excited! I'll post pics when I get it; I literally just bought it 5 minutes ago >_>

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I saw a proof Ike at the local pawn shop. Jumped on it, probably was too much, but I love it!

4. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Unless I'm getting blatently ripped off, I don't concern myself so much with price. I collect coins because I like them, not to make money. If I paid a couple bucks too much, meh, whatever. You know? I'd rather be out two bucks and have it, than save my two bucks and feel like I missed out.

5. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Good for you Forkeh, that's how it should be. I love Ike's too....pure addict. Would love to see the pics when you get it.

6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

You could have this one for $45,000!

IKE 1971-S Prototype Strike 20634827 PCGS SP65+ Trueview Large.jpg

7. Numis-addict

Well it is a prototype strike, or pattern, as we call it. I think I see some doubling in the eagle's right wing, but left as we perceive it.

8. Numis-addict

Now that I look at it, I think there is doubling in the front of the bust too!

9. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Show off! :hail::yes:

You're funny.......see all that it those pics......or maybe read one of several articles about it?????? humm...

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

11. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

But only if we can has cheezburger.

12. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Got it today!!!!!!! And yes, yes that is the reflection of my camera you are seeing :) [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Really nice looking proof Forkeh. Congrats

14. RobertAPearce

RobertAPearce Member

Verrrrrry Nice Indeed!

15. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

:yes:good buy !!! ilikeike.jpg

16. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Looks like a nice Ike! Enjoy.

17. Mvandemark

Mvandemark Ignorant know it all

I got a bunch of Ikes from my mother when she gave me her collection. Nothing fancy in those, but I did pay $3 for a 40% proof at a coin club auction. Well, actually my 11 year old daughter did, I let her do the bidding and the old duffers in the room let her win! :devil: Who says kids have to be just jobless freeloaders?

18. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I like Ike - liked him as President, liked him on the Ike dollars and I liked his commemorative dollar too!

19. chiefpaul

chiefpaul New Member

Nice coin I just picked up a 76 S at the bank it was no where as nice as yours. Mine went straight into my junk silver jar.

Paul

20. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Well I don't think it's a silver proof (in fact I'd put money on it for the price I paid), but it's still a really nice proof. I love this coin ^_^

21. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I've changed my mind.

I want $5,500,000 for this coin! So far, it's a one of a kind and I need the money. :devil:

Draft saved Draft deleted