75th Anniversary Of The Roosevelt Dime

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JustAnotherCoin, Dec 5, 2019.

1. 2021 is the 75 anniversary of the Roosevelt dime, will the mint do something special for the milestone anniversary?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Arkos

Arkos Member

If they will, they haven't announced it yet (as far as I know)

4. onecenter

onecenter Member

Would not surprise me.

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

If they did it would likely be too expensive and partnered up with a series of them. I hope not as the Mint is already producing too much over priced items as it is. The silver hockey pucks are a good example at $157.95 for 5 ounces of bullion silver. Each to their own but not for me.

6. Arkos

Arkos Member

Yeah, the Mint puts out some high end stuff. But I don't think I would buy even if I could

7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

IMO it's time to redesign the dime.
    Roosevelt was a highly respected president and got the US through some tough times (the Great Depression & WWII).
    But time for a new dime.
    Of course the problem is size; can't get much of a design on it.

bsowa1029 and Jeffjay like this.
  8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I would hope not like the nickel. But yes, very small palette to work with so not so sure they would do a really good job. If done by an accomplished engraver...maybe...if done by CAD, probably not.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They'll do something but it's too early for them to talk about it. Their eyes are flashing and they are breathing rapidly as all they see is $$$$. Whatever they decide it will be costly and unattractive.

10. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I would guess that it is too late for that to happen by 2021. Unless they are already secretly in the process.

11. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

75 years would be a good time to put this design to bed. In my opinion all of the pre Roosevelt designs were better.

Draft saved Draft deleted