74D Kennedy with errors (I hope)

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MommaHenn, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

Haven’t been able to find any rolls of halves, but have been lucky to get whatever ones are loose from 2 different banks. This one I picked up yesterday. I believe that I see doubling on the reverse; it’s slightly off-center both obverse and reverse; slight collar die clash. Thoughts? Thanks!

971A5BC1-E72E-42F8-9793-56A892F048F8.jpeg 5D46C16F-A753-465A-ACF2-58EB264AE2AB.jpeg C95121E3-99CA-4932-B849-F8FCEC30188F.jpeg B741E7C7-BAA2-4415-A495-726E8F90D6E0.jpeg B3B7139D-A313-4DE0-9149-B5FE25DFD368.jpeg 56B61760-AA0D-4B66-9F38-80832C962CD9.jpeg

Tlberg likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

MommaHenn likes this.
  4. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

The doubling you see is the very common 'ejection' or 'mechanical' doubling type,
    very common on all denominations.

The obv. has a minute MAD (mis-aligned die) but again, it is so minor that there
    is no premium for it whatsoever.

Good eyes to spot it, but more of a minor anomaly than an error.

Hope this info helps.

MommaHenn, R_rabbit and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

there's also Coin Rolling Machine damage on the obverse - the broken up circular scraps you see around the outside near the edge/lettering.

MommaHenn likes this.
  6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Awesome photos!

Tlberg, Seattlite86 and MommaHenn like this.
  7. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

Thanks everyone! Trying to spot errors and varieties is not as easy as it sounds! Then add in the vernacular too...this is exhausting (and rewarding!).

8. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I say this to everyone looking for errors. You won’t find the errors until you do the research and learn how coins are made and what errors are. A few hours of reading up on doubled dies, die cracks, cuds, off center strikes, strike throughs, broad strikes, lamination will save you ten times that amount of time as you’ll know what isn’t an error and pass those things by. Keep hunting!
    Www.error-ref.com

MommaHenn and Oldhoopster like this.
  9. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

Agreed :)

MommaHenn likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Unfortunately it's only worth face value.

MommaHenn likes this.
  11. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

My bad on using collar die clash...I had error-ref.com open in another tab, but was for another coin I found but haven’t posted yet
    Thank you, Seattlite86. I’ve been using my Red Book and Error-ref.com, have been given several links to read up on, etc., which has helped a lot. When I first started going thru my stash, I was looking over EVERY coin with a fine tooth comb :banghead: Now, I’m down to looking for key dates and giving a quick look over :rolleyes:. Sometimes the info just isn’t clicking in my old brain, but a member will post a response with a random key word that turns the lightbulb on and I then understand. Go figure. Anyways, sorry for going off topic. I do appreciate any and all comments! Thank you!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

CN...it’s all good! It’s mine! :happy:

Tlberg and Collecting Nut like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yes it is. :)

MommaHenn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted