7070's

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Numis-addict, Mar 17, 2012.

1. bhaugh

bhaugh AKA - 1872Hokie

I had wanted this book, but was give the Whitman Coins of the 20th Century book. That book is now full, so I'll probably be looking to transfer everything over to a 7070 and starting on that.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Those vintage Library of Coins folders are, how do you say...not cheap at all! Even for well worn examples.

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Oh really? I haven't looked. I do know that some are much more common, like Jefferson nickels and Lincoln cents.
    Whitman also made a 2 album series for the type set. I have that as well, and it has the same amount of holes in it. Completely empty of course.

5. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I purchased a Dansco 7070 on a whim a few years back and started filling it with my oddities that I had accumulated over the years. I now have 66 of the 68 slots filled, although there are probably 8 slots I want to upgrade. I also just realized I don't have pictures of all of them. So I will have to do some shooting this weekend and get caught up. Until then, here are some of my favorites.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. I just looked for one online. These things are out of stock everywhere!

7. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I guess by 'oddities" you mean stunning coins. :)

8. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

I finally broke down and got one off Ebay when I got my 20 cent piece.
    Probably about halfway done but I haven't counted. Everything since 1900 complete, mostly in EF+ grades, and several in BU including a 66 SMS dime and 55-S wheatie that IMO would grade 66, its really quite stunning.
    As far as pre-1900 goes I am missing all the quarters, a couple half dollars, a large cent (the 1805 and later one, whichever series that is lol), a couple half cents, all the dollars, a few dimes (mostly the different varieties), and a couple half dimes. The only bust silver I have is a half dollar. I'll try to get some pics sometime soon but it stays locked up in the safe deposit box. Thanks to the 20 center and half dollars, its worth way more than I am willing to keep at home.

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I love the twenty center! here is mine for the 7070. Shes not the pretiiest, but I really like her.
    [​IMG]

10. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Here's mine, sorry the pics suck. Need to take more.
    DSCN0173.jpg DSCN0177.jpg

11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

That's a beauty for sure.

12. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Oh yeah, I looked at your post along with the photo of the Library of Coins type album and decided that it was something I'd like to take on and purchase if I found a nice example. So I checked out the bay and most of them were running $35+ in various degrees of condition wear.

13. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Here's where I'm at with mine, it's just over 50% complete. I bought my album used and it must be relatively old because it only has the bicentennial page. I'll probably buy a gold page one day. Anyways, enjoy the thumbnails.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

14. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

15. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

16. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

That is a great looking set. I especially like the bust halves. Very nice.

17. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Thanks Greg, I'm especially proud of the way the halves are coming out. I've upgraded several of the pieces already, the Barber is the next piece on the list. The quarters are feeling neglected though. :(

18. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

IMG_2437.jpg IMG_2438.jpg IMG_2439.jpg IMG_2440.jpg IMG_2441.jpg I will try to get better pics but here are the pages out of my 7070. Like I said I have a few filles in there since I cant get the pretty ones lol.

19. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I try to get a bit of it all in mine. I am actually going to put an off center memorial and a clipped planchet Jefferson in. I also have a CC morgan, 1890, in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted