68 and 75 and Rosevelt Dimes

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Gravy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Gravy

Gravy Member

Hi, I probably don't have two of these rare non minted gems but can anyone help me determine that for sure? Also I've attached an interesting 2015 dime. I found several that look like they are misprints. Is this common for the 2015?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I think your flash is to bright, and the 15 looks like its worn or worn die. I dont know where you want us to look t either.

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

welcome to CT.. they all look normal to me from those pics...

Amos 811 likes this.
  5. lukepatshell

lukepatshell New Member

Are my 1968 no s clad or normal

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. lukepatshell

lukepatshell New Member

7. lukepatshell

lukepatshell New Member

Sorry guys, my name is patrick, I've been saving my change for a yr now and check every date on each one and I have many more to share if u guys don't mind?

Amos 811 likes this.
  8. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Just normal well circulated dimes. The odds of finding a no S proof in circulation would be beyond astronomical!

Amos 811 likes this.
  9. lukepatshell

lukepatshell New Member

Thank u so much, here's ya a neat one, 20151201_050845_6.jpg 20151201_050742.jpg

10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Some sort of post mint damage.

11. Gravy

Gravy Member

Thanks. I tried to take better pics of my 15 dimes. I got these dimes from a roll I got from the bank. They appear to be double died or something. Check out the year, "In God We Trust" and Liberty. Anyone aware of any 2015 double dies?

Attached Files:

12. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

The correct term is "doubled die". Many, many people make this same mistake. Me included when I first started collecting. I just thought I'd share that now so you know the correct term.

BTW, can you take a better picture of the 2015? I'm guessing it's machine doubling vs. a doubled die.

Gravy likes this.
  13. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

The cent looks like it has been removed from an "encased Cent" which were common advertising pieces in the early 1960's. The dimes are dimes.

14. Gravy

Gravy Member

Thanks for correct term. I will try to post aa better pic this evening.

JPeace$ likes this.
  15. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

My pleasure. I tried to type it so it came out as "helpful", not condescending. We've all started from the beginning in the hobby and have had the same learning curve.

I learn something every day in this hobby. AND that's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

16. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

You might want to get a few of the cheap blue folders for coins and save the nicest one of each date. You can then compare new finds to those you already have. If you post your questions on the modern coin forum more people will see them.

Have fun.

17. Gravy

Gravy Member

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Draft saved Draft deleted