60d cent help

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lost Boy, Apr 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

magnifier_20200413_092935.jpg magnifier_20200413_092516.jpg magnifier_20200413_092918.jpg magnifier_20200413_092935.jpg Think this rookie might have found his first error coin. Am I seeing a die clash and possible date error? Thanks for the input!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Where do you think there is a error?

4. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

I am new at this but think I am seeing traces of the obverse on the reverse and Visa versa. Not keen enough yet to differentiate small from large date but think I see some of each. Thanks for looking and hope I replied correctly. New at this as well. Don't understand the terminology, post. thread, link etc.

Kentucky likes this.
  5. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

We're not going to be able to make a determination from those images.
    Focus looks good but images are too small.

6. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

7. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

Please bear with me. Any better?

8. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

9. penniesonly

penniesonly Member

I don't see what you see, but it sure is a nice coin!

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A nice looking clean coin. Not seeing what you talk about but then it's hard to turn my head 90 degrees and focus my eyes. The photos are much better just orient then correctly.

11. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

Thank you very much! Wishful thinking I guess. That or one to many adult beverages.

12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome @Lost Boy. Do you have a Red Book? You need to do more reading and follow this forum for a while and then post your questions with clearly focused, correctly orientated FULL IMAGE and cropped to show just the obverse and reverse of coin.

Spark1951 likes this.
  13. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

Thanks for the advice! I have a 2020 red book. My problem, among other things, is learning this computer stuff. I did not understand what was involved. Gonna watch and try to learn!! It gets in your blood pretty quickly! Thanks again M.M.

14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

@Lost Boy The usual Lincoln Memorial Cent (LMC) clash looks like Abe is in jail...
    [​IMG]

Cheech9712 likes this.
  15. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

Very helpful. Thank you

Kentucky likes this.
  16. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Sorry, not seeing any clashing. That is a small date, good you have a Red Book...examples are in there of both large and small. lincolncentresource.com is a good site to visit for all things Lincoln.

2 other good sites, if you don’t already know, are:
    doubleddie.com and error-ref.com.

Welcome to Coin Talk...Spark

17. Lost Boy

Lost Boy Member

Thanks!

Spark1951 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted