6 Greeks coins

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Eng, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I was asked by my local coin club President to give my opinion on 6 large Greek coins for a friend, his Sisters Estate need to know value of each. i have have not seen the coins, but will next Wednesday at our meeting he will bring them. He has stop by two or three local coin shops for help, they had no idea!!
    My question is what should i do to prepare to help with value, i do have a couple of Greek books, nothing price wise. maybe take pictures and post here after club. He wants to move them Quickly. Opinions welcome.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

Well, post them here for a start.

spirityoda and Eng like this.
  4. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Do you have wifi at the venue or do you have a smart phone? If so, just check for comps in CNG's archives, ACsearch, and Vcoins.

Eng likes this.
  5. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I can google vcoins on my phone, good idea i just don't want to be like the coins shops.

6. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

7. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I will check this thread on Wednesday to see if photos are posted.

8. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

We can all help with confirming attribution, retail values and auction results.

9. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

"Large Greek Coins" shown to me over the years under similar circumstances as often as not turn out to be fakes. A better possibility would be that they ware Russian roubles since to most people its all Greek. Large Greek coins are usually quarter diameter and Americans would not say 'large' for them. Sure they could be Ptolemies but odds are not good. Post photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted