59,62 jefferson nickels full steps

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by steveps, Jul 24, 2017.

1. steveps

steveps New Member

What are they worth with full steps

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Speaking completely independently of your coins, there are quite a few online price guides available for Jefferson Nickels. NGC, PCGS, and Numismedia (which has separate links for FS and non-FS prices.)

Regarding your coins, it is difficult to tell based on the image quality if they are business strike or proof coins (the second coin has enough glare/reflection in it for me to guess it's a proof strike) - and it is also difficult to assess a proper grade and whether the steps are full. With better images it would be less challenging.

Gut instinct tells me that the first coin is not FS, nor even MS condition; it also tells me that the second coin is a proof strike, which should always have a FS strike (but doesn't qualify for FS designation, which is only for business strike coins.)

THIS link (posted by @Lehigh96) is a good starting point for you to help determine FS designation for your coins. He's included some closeups of the steps in his images.

Also, FS designation really only counts monetarily for high-grade (MS65 and above) coins. An AU58 coin with FS is relatively meaningless (at least, for now.)

Draft saved Draft deleted