57,000 Likes Celebration A Liberty Seated Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Thank you for all those likes over the years. I hit that number sometime last night. In honor I’m posting a coin that I purchased about 25 years ago. It has risen over 4 times what I paid for it. It could have gone up a lot higher big since I have no interest in selling it I could care less.
    It’s a 1870-CC Liberty Seated Dollar graded by PCGS, with the older green label. I believe it would grade a bit higher by todays standards.
    The motto IN GOD WE TRUST is in the ribbon above the eagle on the reverse. This type dollar was first released in 1840 but there was no motto until 1866. The series ended in 1873 when the Trade Dollar was released.
    The 1870-CC had a mintage of 11,758. Low by our standards but high for the 1870’s. Only 4 years of CC Liberty Seated Dollars we’re released. The other 3 years have very low mintages making the 1970-CC the highest and most affordable of the four CC’s. Maybe I should buy the other 3 years but my wife may get upset with me. Lol In any condition I think she’s a beautiful coin.
    This coin was graded as a VG-8 by PCGS. When I bought it I was thinking it should be graded a little bit higher.
    2E18BD3C-BAAE-44E9-BCAD-9EBD5822A0E1.jpeg C5277B55-1381-4562-A942-0073900E319B.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Congratulations!
    Only 8,632 More likes to catch up to me :rolleyes:

Collecting Nut likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Not even trying my friend. :)

Inspector43 and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

Congratulations on achieving a great milestone of 57,000 likes. Sweet coin too.

6. Collecting Nut

Thank you. I fell in love with this coin as soon as I saw it.

7. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I have seated coins but no dollars.

8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Way to go.

9. Collecting Nut

Seated coins are very nice but the dollar seated ones are gonna cost ya.

Draft saved Draft deleted