52 Crowns blog

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by dirty_brian, Mar 13, 2018.

1. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

sonlarson, longshot and Nathan401 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zohar444

Zohar444 Member

Very nice initiative!

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Crowns, schmowns. For me, it's all about yer diggin' prowess, which is considerable! :D

Seriously, though, crowns are nice, too. Now go dig some up!

Theodosius likes this.
  5. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

A crown a week is an admirable collecting goal.

7. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

I attempted to post to your blog but was unable to as it always gave me verification errors. After 15" I gave up. I'll post my comment below instead.

Congratulations on your 1632 Thaler. The common dates of these run in the late 1690's to early 1700's. I stopped collecting US coins in the 1990's and moved to World coinage as they're a lot more historical. As you know thalers were made starting in 1486 with the 1st half thaler in 1484. I just saw the pair in the Bodin Museum in Germany. European auctions carry a lot of these in much better condition than Ebay & are a lot more reliable.

8. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Very nice! What criteria are you using to determine what you are going to collect? I have a few Silver crowns that I have picked up over the years, but I mainly picked them up at random. I never really had a direction. I started collecting 1 ounce Silver Bullion coins about 10 years ago and have a nice assortment but I am thinking about adding to the crowns. A bit more historic and interesting.

9. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

well a lot has changed since I started doing this. my son is getting married next month and I stopped buying coins for the last few months. I have also noticed that crowns that were fairly cheap last year, seem to have all gone up in price. I also just seeing the same old inventory everywhere. I guess everyone is hoarding they're coins like I am
    lately I've become interested in Netherlands coins. finding decent 16-1700's pieces isn't easy around here.

10. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

Nice initiative, congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted