500th Post World Coin Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Billy Kingsley, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Wow, I am full of hot air. I can't believe I've made 500 posts. When I joined this forum I had only been collecting for a little over a year, and I've taken a lot from everyone on this forum. People have been nice enough to send me stuff, either for free or in a modest trade. But even more important then that I have gotten so much helpful information from the forum that it's time I gave a little something back.

Now, keeping in mind I am pretty darn poor, what I have to give isn't very spectacular. In fact, it's simply a duplicate from my world coin collection. I buy, or recieve as gifts, bulk lots and I have now started to get some duplicates, so I will give at least one away right here.

As with how I got it, it is going to be circulated. It is going to be modern, from within the last 50 years. It is Not going to be silver, or an NCLT, as I can't give away what I don't have!

So, here's how this works.

Anyone who is interested, Post what country you think the coin I am going to give away is from! I will give you only two further hints: It is NOT from the USA or Canada.

In the case of a tie (both post showing up with the same time stamp) the tiebreaker will have to PM me what they think the YEAR of the coin is. If they both match that, they have to PM me again with the denomination. If they BOTH match that, I'll send them both something! :)

Contest is open to any member of CoinTalk, it doesn't matter where you live (I will ship outside the USA) or how many posts you have, 1 or one million, you are elligible. One post per person, with no editing please, I don't care if you make a typo, I can probably figure it out, and if I can't, I will PM you.

When the winner eventually wins, I will post a photo of "whatever" it is you are going to win, since I have not taken the picture yet I hope it comes out clear :)

Hopefully this goes well, and I can do another one of these someday, maybe by then I will be able to afford an older or better coin :)

Have fun and thanks for participating!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gviking

gviking Junior Member

4. DorrianRyanE

DorrianRyanE US Coin Collector

Germany? Thanks for the contest.

5. wokeupscreamin

wokeupscreamin Junior Member

6. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Denmark. Thanks for the contest!

7. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

8. davemac

davemac dave

ireland
    ha ha :)

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

10. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

11. Insomniac

Insomniac Dime Nut

The Netherlands. Thanks for the contest :)

12. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

England

Thanks for the contest!:high5:

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Portugal. thx much

14. mbgluck

mbgluck Junior Member

saudi arabia

15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"