500+ Nickel boxes in 365 days! All stats updated daily!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by DatDareNickelGuy, Sep 26, 2019.

1. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

There will be a lot of people dumping change soon, so it may get interesting when the banks reopen and the new stock starts to show up. We all understand about the banks, so maybe posting the best finds since you started may give all of us coin addicts a bit of a fix until the world opens back up. I know i would like it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Box 224

What a wild couple of weeks. With the virus still ongoing my credit unions are still closed. The mayor of SA hows now asked the city council on extending this shut down till the end of of April. But with how it is growing in the USA I'm predicting this will continue through May.

Other than that terrible news here is a nice box. I will be posting two boxes tomorrow. That will leave me two more boxes to hunt and then I am officially out of nickel boxes. Might have to do the coinstar and just bite the bullet on the 12% fee so I can still get my 6 boxes a week from Chase.

1-Buffalo Dateless with a nice misaligned error.
    1-Error 1990P Die Clash Reverse
    1-1958P
    1-1951D
    1-2009P
    1-AU/BU 1972D
    14-Common 50s
    3-Common 40s
    12-2009D

GH#75 likes this.
  4. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Re: coinstar. Mine has a choice of gift cards for many different places at no fee. Maybe you could get a gift card for Home Depot and that way, not lose 12% to coinstar. I know I can spend a couple hundred bucks at home depot pretty easily. Even though you can't put it back in the bank, it'll save money coming out of the bank later when you do need something from HD.

UncleScroge likes this.
  5. Beardigger

I was going through the War Nickels I have found (I have 47 now) wondering how close I was to a set. Turns out I only have 1 D mint, and it's a 1943. Go figure.
    I have more 1943 then any others and I suspect 2 of them are 3 over 2's.

DatDareNickelGuy likes this.
  6. Beardigger

Here is a picture of some fun nickels from my last search. The 2020 is the only 2020 coin I have found in circulation. The 1967 in the middle right has a strange finish. Almost like it is plated, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t since the edges look normal. Any thoughts about it?

image.jpg image.jpg

7. Beardigger

Here it is next to a “normal “nickel
    image.jpg image.jpg

8. DatDareNickelGuy

Very nice! Will get a box up tomorrow. Trying to make these boxes last that I have. Who knows when my bank will open again :(

9. DatDareNickelGuy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Box 225

Very nice box.

On a side note, I can't help but think 20 years from now when somebody stumbles across this thread what they would think about what's happening today in the present.This corona virus is history that will permanently be apart of this thread. So if you are reading this 20 years from now and you want to be rich. Just hop into a Delorean with Doctor Emmett Brown and head back to January 2020. Open a toilet paper factory. You're welcome!

1-Buffalo 1936P
    1-Silver 1942S
    1-AU/BU 1948P
    4-Common 40s
    14-Common 50s
    5-2009D

Kevin Mader and Corn Man like this.
  10. Beardigger

image.jpg Hoping this is a sign of good things to come in this box!

DatDareNickelGuy and Kevin Mader like this.
  11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Nice!

What is the date?

12. Beardigger

It turned out to be a 1934 P also found another..... a 1930 P. still have 34 rolls to search

13. DatDareNickelGuy

Very nice box start indeed! Still waiting on my banks to open to restart my hunts again. Looks like we will be pushing this thread to 2021! No way I'm finishing 500 by September due to this covid thing :(

14. DatDareNickelGuy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Box 226

Well it seems like forever since I have posted on here. Sad thing is it looks like I may go another few weeks until things hopefully go back to normal. My credit union is now allowing people in the lobby but on appointment only. It did say appointments are for opening accounts or assisting business accounts. I will call and see if they will take a appointment for a nickel dump (I doubt it).

Still relying on my remaining boxes from months ago. I now have one more box and that's it. Im hopeful that when phase three starts here in SA I can dump my $1200 in nickels and pick up some new boxes and start this thread going again!

On that note a decent box with a key 51S.

1-1951S
    1-1958P
    1-1952S
    2-Errors 2008P Die Chip Obverse on chin and a 2018P Die Chip Reverse
    1-Foreign 2009 Canada
    10-Common 40s
    8-Common 50s
    5-2009D

15. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

It has been a while since I followed your progress, too. Keep up the quest!

What would you say has been the best find so far?

DatDareNickelGuy and Corn Man like this.
  16. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the Shield Nickel

17. DatDareNickelGuy

If my memory is correct ive pulled some beautiful pre 50s BU coins in the previous posts. But the best find could be a 1913S Type two. I say "Could Be" because it needs to be pickled to get a clear date. If you angle the light just right it "appears" it might be a 1913 date. But at the end of this journey I plan on pickle dating all dateless Buffalos. So we will have to wait!

Kevin Mader likes this.
  18. DatDareNickelGuy

You and I both brother! But with roughly 280 boxes to go who knows!

19. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I've found both '13 Ds in circulation (pickled) but neither '13 S. Harder to find S mint on the East Coast...so not too surprising.

20. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Lost you for awhile. God I love ❤️ your thread. Found a 36 nickel in change today. Hey. Can you show your best 39 double die Monticello again. If I remember it was a barn burner in circulation

Kevin Mader likes this.
  21. DatDareNickelGuy

I got a few of them.
    I got a few of them I found CRH. Ill see if I can dig them out tomorrow from the safe. Ill post a few more interesting errors tomorrow as well. Might even surprise you guys with some errors Ive found over the decades that may be new to you.

I got all these coins carded up in 2x2 flips and stored in red boxes stacked high in my safe. It would be nice to finally take a few boxes out and remember what I have found years ago.

Cheech9712 and Kevin Mader like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted