$500 dollar bill – US Federal Reserve note

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by 3u1a4, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 3u1a4

3u1a4 New Member

I would like to sell this $500 hundred dollar bill, how much should I ask for?
    Do you know anyone who would be interested?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Standard cat tof US PaperMoney lists Fr. 2202G @ XF $1250, 63-$1750- 65-$2400 Ungraded XF/AU went for 690-1265 on Heritage in Jan. Graded 62 went for 1550 - 65 for 2530 (the graded were in sept. of 08.)

4. Wren

Wren Senior Member

man if i had the money

5. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

That note is amazing ! .... as Wren said :D

6. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Very nice note. You could throw it in the Open form at the bottom of the site and see if anyone here would want to buy it. You never know.

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

IMO you'd get maybe $1,000 or more, since it is not graded, but it is a very high grade!

8. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

To me the notes edges, corners and center folds will drop this to a low XF. There is some evidence of handling on most parts of the surfaces. If placed at auction and since it is a 34A Series, the last to be printed, you would get XF money...

Look at the Auction houses for most up to date archives!

Good luck!!

***Edited*** Just looked in the most recent Price Guide in BNR for XF note up to 1K. A dealer would offer you maybe $750-$775, maybe $800

RickieB

9. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

RickieB knows what he is talking about so there is really nothing more to say. Take his advice he knows his paper.

10. RickieB

Thanks for the confidence Covert, I appreciate that very much, however, I am not always right by a long shot! It is difficult at best to grade from a photo or scan!
    With that being said, there are may sources for you out there to get a mean average on as far as possible sale prices. If it were me selling it, I would send it to Heritage....

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

RickieB

11. tmoneyeagles

yep, rickie b is one ole Grungy Grunt...lol

12. RickieB

And that is supposed to mean????
    You do not know me at all....

RickieB

13. tmoneyeagles

It is not supposed to mean anything. :)
    Just taking you title under your name :)

14. RickieB

Not to be a hard A** TMoney..but do you know what that stands for?

Saying that I am an ole Grungy Grunt....it's one thing for me to say it, but when you seem to take it for use as a smart remark..well it can be offensive!

For what it is worth to you Sir, I am a former Marine that served in Viet Nam.
    A grunt is the backbone of the Marine Coprs Infantry....Grungy is a term used for Pride in Service and fellow Marines!
    Please choose carefully your smart remarks.

RickieB

15. LincolnBUrolls

LincolnBUrolls Junior Member

Some Options Open

Paper money a little slow at the various coin shows. Many dealers have nice stuff but slow at the higher price levels. Some foreign paper does okay. I would run it on Ebay with NICE pictures with a reserve and see what happens. Paper on Ebay seems to do quite well.

16. tmoneyeagles

17. tmoneyeagles

not trying to be smart

18. tmoneyeagles

I'm just a sick kid, trying to be a little funny, to myself, instead of moping around all day

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Here is a thread where I bought one at a club auction for $700 for comparison. Maybe it will give you an idea. I don't collect paper money, but this was too interesting to pass.

Jim
    http://www.cointalk.com/forum/t48300/

Draft saved Draft deleted