Some wins from Club Auction tonight

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by desertgem, Feb 20, 2009.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

A couple of paper money wins at tonights monthly coin club meeting and auction. First a 1934A $500. I have wanted one for a while. A few folds but not too bad for my level of paper collecting.

[​IMG]

Also a 1915 Mexican Revolution 1 peso note. My interest is that the border is so close, and my family was here during that time.

[​IMG]

Have to be careful or I might get into this area :D

Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Nice notes. I haven't seen any $500 notes in our local coin club auctions. Most of the items in our auctions are only a few bucks up to maybe $20 or so.

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

What can one say, the $500 note is worth at least $500 bucks! Great Note. I wish I could get them for circulation.

Ruben

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

congrats jim. Personally i dont want to go to my grave trying to buy a $500 note so when the right time comes i am getting on ha.com in a jiffy :D

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

crimey! even from circulation i wouldnt be able to afford it lol

very nice pickups! i like them both! Its not very often you get to see one of those

7. desertgem

I have to appreciate the efforts of our president to have some nice things to bid on as well as sub $1.00 ones for the YNs ( 6 scouts are currently in our group of about 25 last night). He brings items from a coin club on the coast. There was a $10 buffalo note also, but the starting bid was $1400 on it. Nice bill, but I didn't know prices of it very well. :)

Jim

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

forget those chump change buffalo bills i have got a strategy that will alllow you to buy the 1933 double eagle :D

9. desertgem

Already have one spock, didn't you see the photo I posted for you a week or so ago?

Jim

10. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

yes yes but i was talking about the million dollar one the real deal. its the onl coin i like more than the 2 mohurs

12. Brian339

Brian339 Member

$500 bills are exciting. Nice pick ups. :bow:

Draft saved Draft deleted