$500 and $1000 Bill. Worth getting?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by BNB Analytics, Jan 5, 2010.

1. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Yes or no?

And why?

bnb

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You sound like a school teacher wanting me to explain my work!! Ok teach
    Yes we need them, Why because the $100 doesnt cut it anymore, $100
    Is like a $20 now a days, just sick and tired of counting them off 10-100
    Vs only 2-500 Alot less work when counting...LOL

4. krispy

krispy krispy

BNB: What brought you to this question? Do you have a particular note in question? Is it graded? If so by which company? Is it raw? Can you grade currency? Can you afford currency? Have you looked at the prices? Many certainly blow the top off your high end coin retirement budget. Plenty of books out there that you should be schooling yourself with before buying anything. Just some thoughts.

5. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Appreciate the questions but I just am looking for a simple answer on these..

I always thought the $500 bills were cool looking... Same with the $1000.
    But, is it worth owning one of each?

Nah, probably not right?

bnb

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Depends on the person and the purpose. Only you can answer the question you posed.:smile

7. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I bought this one on eBay last year when Microsoft Live (now Bing) cashback was a higher percentage... Cost me $480 or so after rebate. I'll take a $500 in any condition for less than face :)

[​IMG]

I was so tempted to gamble it when I was with friends in Vegas or to use it to pay for dinner when with clients, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing it would result in its destruction. I later sold it to another collector who really appreciated the low price I sold it to him.

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'd think if you can get one I'd get one of each.
    But that would just lead you to needing to get a 5000 and then the 10000!! :D

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Its cool to have an example of each since they are no longer in circulation
    A great conversation peice for sure!

10. vrt

vrt Junior Member

The question as it written is an equivalent to "should this forum exist?". Now, if you mean "to get it as an investment" then it's a different story.

11. Hudson James

Hudson James Junior Member

Yes ..you need 1 $500 and $1000 in your collection.
    Just buy the best certified example in grade you can afford.

When I bought mine, my fist stop was Kinko's. I got a color copy made of the front and reverse and now I have that framed up nice in my office. The originals are locked away in the safe deposit box. They made great conversation pieces.

Draft saved Draft deleted