$50 dollar serial number ?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Starzz30, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Starzz30

Starzz30 New Member

Got this from a check cashing..This is called a repeat serial number correct? Iam new to this 20180913_073749.jpg ]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Yes, it's a repeater. Any premium is greatly reduced by the ink mark.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  4. Starzz30

Starzz30 New Member

Thank you for the info

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Yes, it's a repeater. Any premium is greatly reduced by the ink mark.

Repeater....

Spark1951, Timewarp, *coins and 3 others like this.
  6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The prob for me with this (if I was selling) is there is already $50 invested into it.
    IDK what the market would bring ($55 to a collector in better condition?). The ink is a killer as already mentioned and there is a huge crease fold down the center, also lowering the value. So now you may be down to $52, once you factor in fees, or other expenses, it's not worth it. And to me it's not worth holding onto because it's just a $50 bill. It's always going to be a $50 bill. 10 years from now it will be a $50 bill with greatly reduced spending power compared to today.
    I do like seeing the serial, as 90% of the serials posted here are mistaken for something, when they are nothing. This is something, but condition hurts the marketability I think.

*coins, Pawnmonkey and rickmp like this.
  7. Starzz30

Starzz30 New Member

Kinda figure that. The info you gave me was very helpful. Thank you for your time

*coins, Kentucky and harley bissell like this.
  8. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Starzz30!

Yeah, it can be a little dicey with serial numbers, since it can be very subjective, as people who collect these often have different motives/goals. If this were, for example, a "00000xxx" or especially a "000000xx" or even lower SN, many would overlook the ink, fold & face amount & keep it, even though condition is "everything".

I only have about 80 notes currently in my collection, but the highest denom. is $10, & many of mine may not be collectible by others standards. Some notes are errors, others are "unique SN's" (some only to me) and some are "dated" (ie, birthday notes).

Collect what you like, or what is interesting to you, but unless it's really spectacular, you should probably stay away from the higher denominations. Have fun with it!

As already expressed, your $50 is probably a spender.

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I see what you did there ;)

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thats cute

Draft saved Draft deleted