$50 Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by keemao, Aug 26, 2016.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Wife brought this home last night in her tip money from the Thai restaurant she works part-time at. Pretty crisp and doesn't appear to have been folded. Doubt if it's worth keeping since it appears there were so many made.
    img116.jpg img117.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lettow

lettow Senior Member

One hell of a tip.

Tim Lackie Jr likes this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Appears to have a slight offset transfer on the obverse across the top ( the reverse of The United States of America). I think it's a spender.

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

50$ tip? I'd be a little worried!!

6. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

lol. Customers like her because she is not afraid to tell them what is good and what is not when they ask her about food. And she is always super nice to them. I don't think the $50 was a tip because they get all their tips in cash as the end of the day. I assume someone paid for their food with it.

7. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Keep it, its only once in a blue moon you come across an old style bill in good condition.
    I collect one of each series for all denominations, but if you don't, then it's good spending money i guess.

Tim Lackie Jr and NOS like this.
  8. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Duh! I just noticed the interesting "bleed through" on the front of the bill. I'm not that experienced with paper money so is the "front" also considered the "obverse" on a note?

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I have given tips like that, large group of people, and exceptional service despite there being so many hungry Russians at the table.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I love the look of the older $50's....with Grant on the front and the Capital Building on the back. One of my favorite looking small-sized notes.

11. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

The condition of the note is so nice I'd say it's a keeper and worthy of being saved. Contrast it with this note I have. Due to its condition, it is unfortunately not one I consider to be a keeper.[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Haven't seen one of those in ages.

13. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That back margin is "NASTY"

Draft saved Draft deleted