$5 serial number

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Treashunt, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

save it?
    or spend it?

Any value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

• The number you entered was 04444443.

Congratulations! You have found an extremely cool number! It has a Universal Coolness Index of 99.05%

• 04444443 contains a 6-of-a-kind together. Only 0.0028% of 8-digit numbers have this combination.
      • 04444443 has 3 unique digits. In 0.71% of 8-digit numbers, there are 3 or fewer unique digits.
      • 04444443's digits sum to 27. In 15% of 8-digit numbers, the digits sum to at most 27.

Stevearino likes this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Your note serial number is interesting at best.

If you like it, keep it. Maybe you collect “Cool “ serial numbers, but personally and respectfully, it has little collector value over face.

Stevearino likes this.
  5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

... and it most assuredly IS wabbit season. :D

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

On posts like this, I generally recommend that users don't save "interesting" serial numbers, but being that this one is in nice condition and having a solid 6 digits in the middle, I would keep it if I got it in change. If it was in low grade, then I'd spend it. You might be able to get something on fleabay for it, but I wouldn't expect a dealer to be interested

Stevearino and SteveInTampa like this.
  7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Liar's poker? Good keeper.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

But in 100% of 8-digit numbers with 6-of-a-kind, there are 3 or fewer unique digits. :rolleyes:

Oldhoopster likes this.
  10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If the last digit were a 4 or a 0 then I think it is good.

11. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

When I drove a cab I sold anything with five digits the same or up to the folks who play LIARS POKER. I used to see ads offering to pay $1500 for solids (eight of the same number) but most likely that would be for pristine perfect examples. Strangely I've noticed that as face value goes up folks seem to not want them. Obviously the higher the face value the lower the number of these solids simply because there are fewer high denomination bills made.

Draft saved Draft deleted