5 more to go.... Missed top 50 by 12 points!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Well I pulled the trigger again this month and scored a nice looking 1925-S MS64 Liberty Peace Dollar and it really matches the 1924-S I got last month. I should have it in hand in a few days and will post pictures.

I'm only 12 points away from moving to "Page 1" of the Peace Dollar Circulation Issue registry.

My registry set is now ranked #51 on NGC's site.

http://coins.www.collectors-society...etListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=174970&Ranking=ngc

Once the set is complete I will be getting all coins with HQ photographs and documenting the set.

"Missed it by _ that much!"

Morgandude11, JPeace$, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

congrats, well, almost

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Excellent Brett! One more should get rid of that 12 pts. I still can't find the final 4 I need to complete my set. Not registry but a complete set. :)

5. WLH22

WLH22 Well-Known Member

Congrats. I have a PCGS MS64 CAC Peace dollar on the way to me now. That one will bump me up nicely. Can't wait to see it. I really like this series.

6. Brett_in_Sacto

I have 5 more coins to go. I still need the following:

27-S
    27-D
    28-P
    34-S (gulp!)
    35-S

I really wanted to attempt an MS65 set but my wife got all "uppity" and complained about quality of life. Something about living in a van down by the river and food stamps in our retirement. Heh, never can please that woman! :angelic:

superzimm, ThinnPikkins and green18 like this.
  7. WLH22

WLH22 Well-Known Member

That is a list that will cost a little bit. My problem is I keep getting side tracked with Standing Liberty quarters and MS64 gold.

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Hehehe... OOOH! SHINY!

9. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

A nice date/mm to grab in 64! I've got a complete (well, ALMOST complete, just lacking the '34-S......yeah, it's the same as needing a '22-P in MS63!! lol) set, all in PCGS plastic. I got a sweet '25-S in 63+, blessed by the CAC gods with a 'green bean'. I found it semi-difficult to find a nice example, and I passed on a few MS64's. It's a great set to put together...it's a short set to complete, the key's, in mint state, are still within reach of most EVERY collector, and there are no 'stoppers'. You can't say that about many series...not counting 'modern' series, I do believe the Peace $ set is the ONLY series you can say that about (someone find that series I can't think of...lol).

Now that I'm thinking Peace $'s, I DO need to upgrade a few MS63's, and pull the trigger on the final coin, the '34-S (I have been perusing and found an example on a national dealer's website that has the look I want in my Peace dollars). I look forward to seeing images of your '25-S!!

10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Congrats on the coin.

While you wait for the rest, it would be great to upgrade your Registry. Add some pictures, add some descriptions... make it something useful and interesting to share, besides a list of coins. That's the whole point of the Registry, really.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

12. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Yep, the 34S is painful! :woot:

13. Brett_in_Sacto

Here she is! I haven't really dug into the hi-res magnification yet - so I'm curious about the area around the L in Liberty. But other than that I am pleased. The reverse is better than the obverse. People need to learn to leave coins facing down! :)

She's a sharp strike for SF though!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dlhill132 likes this.
  14. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Nice pictures. I'm not a fan of the reed marks on the face and neck, but the reverse is nice.

Why are you curious about the L?

15. green18

Probably a hair that left a mark over an extended period of time........

16. Brett_in_Sacto

I do believe it is a die crack. I've got my normal camera that says I'm 90% sure, but won't get my good loupe on it until I get home.

17. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Franklin Half Dollars are the only other set that I know of that is relatively older, and yet still easy enough to complete a set in a very nice grade without breaking the bank.

Roosevelt dimes through 1964 would also qualify for me, but you are right, there arent many sets that you can complete front to back and fill every major hole for just a few bucks, most sets have a stopper somewhere in the line.

18. green18

Nope......

19. green18

And you guys don't think this was funny?

Outa here......

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  20. Brett_in_Sacto

Confirmed, not a die crack. My next theory - lightning bolt. :borg:

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted