5 Mercs Part 2 From My Father's Collection

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by rosethe, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Peter Economakis

Peter Economakis Well-Known Member

No, I just happened to come across the video.
    If you look at the youtuber Spectalculer, he has more video's with him and he is open now even with the COVID issue..
    To be only 1 1/2 hours away is pretty cool, kinda a small world.:)
    I would call him to make a plan of bringing a few coins for him to see. Haven't read anything bad yet about him..

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    rosethe likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Peter Economakis

Peter Economakis Well-Known Member

Wow what a weasel, glad to caught it with the corner of your eye.
    There will be more of these weasels and scammers thats for sure:(

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

They all appear to me to be keepers and you are to be commended for your generosity as to your will. Long life, prosper, and be safe.

Peter Economakis and rosethe like this.
  5. buckeye73

buckeye73 Well-Known Member

Clearly, the 1921 and 1926 s are semi-key coins, but the 1917, 1924 D, and 1924 S dimes are higher grades (XF, or slightly more or less) that would retail as a group at a total of $75 more or less, if they are original uncleaned coins. Dealers would pay substantially less on average.

In general, for Merc common date teens and twenties (no mintmark) I do not sell coins F or better as junk. For D and S, I do not sell VG or better as junk. For common date thirties and forties (no mintmark, I do not sell EF or better as junk. For D & S, I do not sell VF or better as junk. There are obvious exceptions in the early thirties.
    I‘m in the middle of putting a set of XF or better (AU or better late 30’s and all 40’s) Mercs. Some of those dates and mintmarks are tough in higher grades.

-jeffB and rosethe like this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Sure hope they don't find the bodies.
    Just dark humor on my part. Apologies if it offends anyone, but it was the first thought that came to my sometimes sick mind. LOL
    I truly hope you have photographed all of the collection well enough that you could prove it was one of your coins if it came down to it.

Peter Economakis likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

The one thing I would add to Randy's comment is to be sure and post photos. In focus obverse, reverse and closeups (correctly orientated) of areas you have questions about. Crop to remove any superfluous background and be sure to post them Full Image (after you upload a photo, two buttons appear below it; Thumbnail and Full Image.) Click on full image to make it easier for us to see and enlarge.
    Welcome to CT and looking forward to your posts.

rosethe and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  8. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

Now I have taken photos of the better stuff, this event happened back in 2002.

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Think your just being silly. Sure. Go melt them. Sure their worth a tad more. Get a red book. Sorry I’m such an ass. But you must have a clue of harder to find coins by now

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  10. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

Ok.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted