$5 In Quarters From The Change Machine Gets Me...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Coinlover, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

a 1947D!:D we were at the bowling alley last night, and after we got done bowling we decided to play in the arcade they got there. i needed quarters to play games so i put a $5 bill into the change machine and as i was walking back to play some games i hear the jingle of silver!:eek: so i looked down at the quarters and saw a 1947D quarter looking back at me. after reading all the stories of people searching for silver quarters in $500 boxes and not finding anything i was thinking it was nearly impossable to get silver quarters in change like i did. that counts as my first silver in circulation!:cool: always check those change machines! :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinnewbie01

coinnewbie01 collector of things**

wow, nice find! Just goes to show, you never know when or where you will find a nice little gem. Always keep your eyes, or in this case, your ears open.

4. LSM

LSM Collector

Sweet find! Looks like XF grade.

Lou

5. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Congrats on the find.

6. mr merc

mr merc Senior Member

That's awesome! Good eye and ear.

7. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Whoa, congrats man! Sweet! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

8. Coinlover

thanks everyone! this coin is definatly a nice hole filler. :kewl:

9. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

nice find. I always love finding silver.

10. Oldman

Oldman New Member

isnt it funny how coin collectors all knows the look sound and feel of a silver coin with in a seccond of it being with in 5 feet of us. lol I have had a few random run ins with silver change still in circ and everytime is happens its like a hawk spoting a feild mouse from 300 feet away. Nice find.

11. rotobeast

rotobeast Old Newbie

LOL

Very good analogy!

Yes, we can all hear that ring from afar.
    :D

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Nice find!!! cost 25 cents - value, priceless. well, ok, so not completely priceless... but hey - nice coin :)

13. Phoenix21

Man, is that ring beautiful! Sometimes for fun I'll drop one of my pocket pieces on a table (53 D silver quarter), just to listen to it. :D I desperatly need a life. :D

14. Phoenix21

BTW coinlover, how did you do in bowling? :D

15. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

I think that 1947 is a sign....

he only got 47 points. :mouth:

16. thebigandy

thebigandy Member

sweet! I cant wait until I get up too searching for silver in dimes and quarter rolls.

17. alpha480v

alpha480v Senior Member

18. Phoenix21

ROTFL, or a 194 points. :D ;)

19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

He's not telling us the whole story. After he noticed that beautiful '47 he said the heck with the arcade games and went back to the coin machine game. :D

20. Coinlover

LOL, i only got 70 points in one game and something like 60 the other game. i'm not very good at bowling. :vanish::D

21. Phoenix21

Tsk, tsk, coinlover, for shame, for shame. Although, I think the highest I ever got at bowling was an 80 something. :D Lol, umm, never mind. :D The quarter is what matters I guess. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted